Waffle House

Options
I'm going out to the Waffle House today. What is the healthiest option?

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    No idea. But have some bacon for me, eh?
  • DeniseB0711
    DeniseB0711 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Egg whites, Grilled Chicken Breast, Glass of Orange Juice. They do charge extra for holding the yolk though
  • breathless575
    breathless575 Posts: 140 Member
    Options

Bacon is a major fear food for me. Too much fat and cholesterol.

• echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs w/ bacon. Mmmm... Love Waffle House. Too bad I live in Minnesota. Nearest one is about 600 miles.
  • WKenL
    WKenL Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Two main choices ... either be super careful (egg whites, etc.) or have some fun and just watch the rest of the day.

Assuming that this is kind of a special event, not something you do all the time, that's the way I'd play it. Make it your big meal for the day, make sure to get in some good exercise time, and call it all good enough.
  • breathless575
    Options
    Egg whites, Grilled Chicken Breast, Glass of Orange Juice. They do charge extra for holding the yolk though

Thanks. I think egg whites and chicken breasts are good choices, but not sure about the orange juice. Isn't it pure sugar?

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options

Bacon is a major fear food for me. Too much fat and cholesterol.

You need fat.... And haven't they shown that dietary cholesterol doesn't effect blood cholesterol?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

Thanks. I think egg whites and chicken breasts are good choices, but not sure about the orange juice. Isn't it pure sugar?

Pretty much. Haven't touched the stuff in 2.5 years.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options

There's nothing wrong with sugar unless that's all you eat/drink throughout the day. Some people might even say orange juice is better than other things with sugar.

If you don't like it, don't get it, but don't just avoid it because it's got sugar.

Me...I'm all about scrambled eggs and sausages. Maybe some toast :)

PS fat and cholesterol aren't bad either unless it's in massive excess.

~Lyssa
  • michael_jordan7
    michael_jordan7 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I love Waffle House too! Eat there maybe 4 or 5 times per year. The last time I just enjoyed a really good meal (cheesy eggs, country ham (killed my sodium), and hashbrowns), came in at about 1000 cals. The rest of the day I stayed under 600 cals to come in under 1600 and did some extra walking. It was a good day!
  • Floridanudist
    Floridanudist Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's Elvis Duran and the morning show called Waffle Houses asking for 'dumbass'. Hilarious http://www.1031kcda.com/articles/elvis-duran-phone-taps-485662/elvis-calls-diners-looking-for-dumbass-13650550/
  • tnwlkr43
    tnwlkr43 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I dont see anything wrong with eating the whole egg..i do it every day, my cholesterol is good and I have lost 59lbs. I am going to IHOP today...breakfast will be veggie omelet and fruit bowl. The main thing you have to watch eating out is the sodium...
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Np idea, but maybe if you go to a waffle place then have waffles or soemthing you enjoy. Portion control is your friend.
  • breathless575
    Options
    How about this: Egg white fiesta omelet (no cheese), sliced tomatoes, and dry toast?
  • breathless575
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    Np idea, but maybe if you go to a waffle place then have waffles or soemthing you enjoy. Portion control is your friend.

If I get something not healthy, I'll just eat half.

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure why people are suggesting egg whites. A lot of the healthy stuff in eggs is actually in the yolk. Also, just eating the egg white is a waste, during a time when there is a shortage of eggs.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »

If I get something not healthy, I'll just eat half.

Healthy is relative ;)

Most of the time when I go to a restaurant, I'll eat half of the food I order and eat the rest the next day or for another meal later that day.

~Lyssa
  • breathless575
    Options
    I'm not sure why people are suggesting egg whites. A lot of the healthy stuff in eggs is actually in the yolk. Also, just eating the egg white is a waste, during a time when there is a shortage of eggs.

Because egg whites are low calorie.