How much fat to lose in a week/month?

Options
Hey guys..

well i have been in losing for past almost 2yrs now...

I started back in September 2013...

but now in past 6months i wont lie i have gained quite weigth again..

initially i was 116.5kgs...i lowered down to 86kgs back in november/december 2014..

but now i am back up at 95kgs...

I want to get lean...my current body stat is 96kgs.
39.8kgs Skeletal Muscle Mass

23kg FAT

Fat free mass is 69.7kg

BMI - 30.3 or so...

Body fat is close about - 26%...

I want to lower it down...i touched about 22-23% and then went back up...

the thing is now I dont have any idea...i started kris gethins 12 week DTP (i failed, had no concentration last 3 months) but now i wanna kick up again...

What should be my macros?

Is this good?
Carb - 30%
Protein - 50%
FAT - 20%

How much fat should i see to lose each week or month?

In my gym they have in body machine...which i use to major this things...however i know those arent much accurate...

my BMI is 1875

I am supposed to eat atleast 2000cal for deficit...should i keep that or lower it?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Have you taken a purposeful diet break in two years?!
  • sonuyos
    sonuyos Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Have you taken a purposeful diet break in two years?!

Yes i did...but now am getting back on track...i have 3 months to she about 10kgs of fat...and i really wanna hit my target...
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    You're 19 years old. You can do anything you want. Eat less, move more and it works.
  • msalamun
    msalamun Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Ideally, a weight loss rate of 1lb/week (or in kg, about 2-3kg/week) is very good. People with even more body fat to lose can drop even faster, but losing more than 2lbs/week (4-5kg/week) is probably not all that healthy and sometimes very difficult to sustain and keep off. So shoot for something like that. 1lb = 3,500 calories (or 7,700cal = 1 kg), so you want to be at a deficit of at least that each week.

Your macros of 30c/50p/20f is fine. That's a great macro plan for a fat shredder phase. That's gonna be a lot of protein, but eating at a deficit at those macros while working out will definitely help you see the fat fall off. I would suggest not doing those macros for more than 3 months at a time, because your body will become accustomed to that and then it will be more difficult to keep shredding the fat.

As for your total calories, if 2,000 is a good deficit for you, go for it! Without knowing other factors, like age, height, and usual daily activity, it's difficult to tell you whether 2,000 is perfect for you or not. Again, eat at that amount. If you find you're losing weight at a steady rate (like I said above), then you're right where you should be. If it's less, eat less. If it's more, decide if you want to eat more and stick with it if you can. You got this!
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    msalamun wrote: »
    Ideally, a weight loss rate of 1lb/week (or in kg, about 2-3kg/week) is very good.
    It's the other way around. One kilogram is about 2.2 pounds.

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    50% protein? how much does that work out as in g?
  • sonuyos
    Options
    My age is 19
    Height is 178cm (more sort of 177.5cm but round off)
    and sedentary life with 5-6hrs of weekly workout...

@999tigger its 250gm of protein for me...
  • sonuyos
    Options

I went thru it and here are my stats which i am planning

Protein - 160gm (1.6g/kg of bodyweight) - 616Cal
    Fat - 70gm (1g/kg of LEAN Mass) - 630cal
    Carbs - Leftover - 210gm - 840Cal

This is based on the weight and my total Calorie intake will be 2100cal...

Is this good enough??
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Seems ridiculously high, as far as I understand it your body doesnt need anything like that amount, so youd only be eating it becayse it satiates. Am off to gym (others will help you), but id check how much protein you need.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/maki1.htm

Also you might want to shed fat, but losing will involve you losing some muscle as well, its never pure fat. Weights will help minimise the muscle loss.

• sonuyos
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    Seems ridiculously high, as far as I understand it your body doesnt need anything like that amount, so youd only be eating it becayse it satiates. Am off to gym (others will help you), but id check how much protein you need.

Also you might want to shed fat, but losing will involve you losing some muscle as well, its never pure fat. Weights will help minimise the muscle loss.

Well yes it is ridiculously high...i went thru some other posts and stumble upon this (refered by some guy at BB) http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380183

And derived this out of it - Protein - 160gm (1.6g/kg of bodyweight) - 630Cal

Should satisfy?
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Frankly, I wouldn't worry about all those body mass/BMI measurements at the gym and trying to consume 250g of protein a day (that's a ton of protein from my humble perspective). You can get lost in a sea of data. Like @atypicalsmith said...eat less, move more. Weigh every morsel that goes in your mouth. Log it. Own it. Get up and move. I have a very sedentary job but when I take client or personal phone calls, I have a rule: no sitting. Walk and talk (unless I need to reference something on the computer). Every day at 4:00 p.m. my fitness tracker reminds me it's time for my workout. Even if it's not a workout day, it reminds me to make time in the evening for some sort of activity. This is not something you do to lose 10g in 3 months. This is what you do to make a change that you can live with and be the person you want to be. Develop habits that you can live with the rest of your life and you'll never become a yo-yo dieter.
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    160g of protein sounds sufficient

I'd personally up your fats to 90-100 grams (70 is fairly low) then fill the rest of your calories with carbs.
  • JamesSmed1ey
    JamesSmed1ey Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    sonuyos wrote: »
    Hey guys..

initially i was 116.5kgs...i lowered down to 86kgs back in november/december 2014..

23kg FAT

Fat free mass is 69.7kg

BMI - 30.3 or so...

the thing is now I dont have any idea...i started kris gethins 12 week DTP (i failed, had no concentration last 3 months) but now i wanna kick up again...

Is this good?
    Carb - 30%
    Protein - 50%
    FAT - 20%

In my gym they have in body machine...which i use to major this things...however i know those arent much accurate...

my BMI is 1875

I am supposed to eat atleast 2000cal for deficit...should i keep that or lower it?

I'm glad you've been honest about your weight and previous success, but as you know you need to do work again. I think you could easily lose 3 lb per week so if you stay committed then the weight will quickly come off. The best way to tell if you are at a calorie deficit is to trial and experiment. Try 2000 calories for a week, see if you have/have not lost weight and if its not coming off then lower it down, prob by 100 to 200 calories. You must consider changing your eating habits for good though so it may be better for you in the long run to develop a meal plan for once you've lost the weight you want so you can maintain it and not relapse. Hope this helps, you've done it before and can do it again!
  • sonuyos
    Options
    Hey guys..

23kg FAT

Fat free mass is 69.7kg

BMI - 30.3 or so...

Is this good?
    Carb - 30%
    Protein - 50%
    FAT - 20%

my BMI is 1875

I'm glad you've been honest about your weight and previous success, but as you know you need to do work again. I think you could easily lose 3 lb per week so if you stay committed then the weight will quickly come off. The best way to tell if you are at a calorie deficit is to trial and experiment. Try 2000 calories for a week, see if you have/have not lost weight and if its not coming off then lower it down, prob by 100 to 200 calories. You must consider changing your eating habits for good though so it may be better for you in the long run to develop a meal plan for once you've lost the weight you want so you can maintain it and not relapse. Hope this helps, you've done it before and can do it again!

Well i was on pretty low calorie...about 1500cal..not much effect...thinkin to increase it to 2000cal..
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »

Well yes it is ridiculously high...i went thru some other posts and stumble upon this (refered by some guy at BB) http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380183

And derived this out of it - Protein - 160gm (1.6g/kg of bodyweight) - 630Cal

Should satisfy?

interesting article, thanks for posting