PB2 and Chocolate PB2

Options
PrizePopple
PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
I finally caved and purchased a container of Chocolate PB2. From the little bit I had it's far more tasty that I would have imagined.

How do you use your PB2? I need ideas that don't just involve my normal standby for fruit and protein powder ... tossing it into Greek yogurt. :laugh:

Replies

• MinmoInk
    MinmoInk Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Oh goodness I need this. I am a peanut butter junkie.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    You can add a little bit of water and spread it on toast or rice cakes -- a different texture, but lower in calories than regular peanut butter. Add it to bananas. Mix it into oatmeal.
  • jgwilhelmsen
    jgwilhelmsen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I mix it into my oatmeal, combine with low-fat cream cheese and spread on rice cakes, and add to smoothies. Delicious!
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Oooh oatmeal!! Good call. Maybe I'll try that tomorrow for breakfast. :smiley:
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Chunky monkey oatmeal (oats, PB2 chocolate and a diced ripe banana)
    Thai style peanut sauce (regular pb2, soy sauce, sriracha and canned coconut milk)
    Peanut butter fudge (regular pb2 and dark chocolate, melted together and left to cool, maybe with some vanilla if you have it)
    Energy bar ingredient ( tons of recipes online)
    Mix it up according to instructions but with almond milk instead of water, and eat with a spoon :p
  • MinmoInk
    MinmoInk Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Thai style peanut sauce (regular pb2, soy sauce, sriracha and canned coconut milk)
    Peanut butter fudge (regular pb2 and dark chocolate, melted together and left to cool, maybe with some vanilla if you have it)
    Mix it up according to instructions but with almond milk instead of water, and eat with a spoon :p

This is amazing. So useful. banana pb2 oatmeal sounds like heaven :o
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options

I need to do that Thai style peanut sauce idea with something. Maybe a stir fry of some sort.

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    I eat a 2lb bag of this stuff every few weeks haha love it!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Oatmeal or Greek yogurt for me typically, and shakes but I hardly ever eat those.

It's great to replace PB in baked goods too.
  • msalamun
    msalamun Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite snacks is mixing cottage cheese, chocolate protein powder, and PB2. Tastes similar to a creamy Reese's but MUCH healthier, of course. I've done a similar thing but with Greek Yogurt, too. Also, I use PB2 a lot in my shakes - protein powder, PB2, and various fruits (banana, blueberries, strawberries, etc.)
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    I use it for a dip for a chopped apples. It's pretty much the only way I'll eat apples.
  • plumsparkle
    plumsparkle Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I use it for a dip for a chopped apples. It's pretty much the only way I'll eat apples.

oooh that sounds yummy!

• tnwlkr43
    tnwlkr43 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I mix mine thick enough to spread on a tortilla, add a few banana slices and either fresh strawberry slices or a drizzle of sugar free chocolate syrup. Sprinkle a little bit of cinnamon. Makes for a good PB &J not quite the same but gets the same results..
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I was too lazy to walk the extra couple blocks to the grocery store with PB2 today, so I got regular peanut butter and I'm already in trouble.