Im about 5'9...i weigh 150.. My goal weight is 130!

Options
fariyam123
fariyam123 Posts: 2 Member
im quite healthy, i used to model a bit, but circumstances changed and i lost motivation! I want my old body back!
Day 1 gym today!

Replies

• swordnsandal
    swordnsandal Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome to MFP! I have somewhat similar weightless goals, I'm 5'7" and started at ~130 lbs, my goal weight is 115 lbs.
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Just weighing in... both of you ladies are on the taller side, so maybe aim for something sensible. 125lbs is my goal being medium build, 5'2". Muscle also matters unless your goal is to lose both fat and muscle to get to your goal weight.
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" (sometimes closer to 5'10" depending on which nurse takes my height at doc visits). My absolute lowest weight rolls in at 140 - anything less than that and I look ill. I am currently 163 and wearing size 8 or 10. I might be able to get to 130 if I really restricted and didn't lift. But I wouldn't look healthy. :|
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Oh to be in my 20s again. You've picked a number on a scale. What's that number made up of?
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    The gym is for fitness. In order to lose weight you have to create a deficit.
  • theskinnyonme
    theskinnyonme Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me Im 5'9 1/2
  • greekyogurtandpuppies
    greekyogurtandpuppies Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have similar goals but I am shorter, feel free to add me :)
  • MinmoInk
    MinmoInk Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Those are crazy low weights for your heights. Ah well.
  • mom216
    mom216 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" - 125 is my ideal weight with a medium frame. I got down to 118 a few years ago - and I didn't like how skinny I was. I'm 100% female and I like my curves :D
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    OP, I'm 5'9", and your current weight is my goal weight (give or take a little depending how I feel when I get there). Are you wanting weight loss or just to change the way your body looks now?

Take a look at these threads, and best of luck to you in your fitness goals.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat/p1
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    MinmoInk wrote: »
    Those are crazy low weights for your heights. Ah well.

She used to model, that could be why she picked a low weight goal.

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    fariyam123 wrote: »
    im quite healthy, i used to model a bit, but circumstances changed and i lost motivation! I want my old body back!
    Day 1 gym today!
    Hi! Welcome to MFP! I have somewhat similar weightless goals, I'm 5'7" and started at ~130 lbs, my goal weight is 115 lbs.

You two are aiming for underweight at your heights. Those are just numbers on a scale and have nothing to do with health.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    Day 1 gym today!

You two are aiming for underweight at your heights. Those are just numbers on a scale and have nothing to do with health.

5'9" and 130 is not underweight. The normal BMI range for her height is 125-168.
  • Elisabuffy19
    Elisabuffy19 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'9'' and muscular and have been as low as 130 before and it wasn't healthy. I couldn't get pregnant at that time and my periods were irregular. Your body might not react the same way but people also told me I looked too skinny. Now I try to stay around 137-140.
  • lifeandleaves
    lifeandleaves Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    mom216 wrote: »
    I'm 5'4" - 125 is my ideal weight with a medium frame. I got down to 118 a few years ago - and I didn't like how skinny I was. I'm 100% female and I like my curves :D

I find it deeply offensive that you would suggest that a woman need to have curves in order to be a valid "female."

Please evaluate what you say before you say it.

To the OP: 130 sounds low but reasonable if you would just like to be thin. You may find you weigh more but like the look of your body more if you also add some muscle building, as you will be just as thin but strong.

I'm 5'5" and weigh 125 - for me, this currently means quite large arms and bum with visible cellulite. Another person of 5'2" may have 125 as a goal weight but that's a totally different body, and my goal is 115 because that's the weight where I feel happy and where my brain and body feel energised, and always has been. Everyone has different needs, and I have a small frame.

Don't let people lecture you online about your goal weight, but do listen to your body and if you begin feeling weak, you know your goals may need adjusting.

Best wishes!
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Day 1 gym today!
    I am 5’10” & maintain just above your current weight. At first I set a goal weight but funny that weight goal changed time and time again until I realize it was more about how I felt and looked than the number on the scale. I incorporated strength training along with healthy eating and exercise and all-in-all, I am more lean and muscular and fit and how I feel is no longer defined by a given number ~ only a preferred range. I am happy you got your motivation back and are back in the gym and wish for you that your healthy eating and exercise will get you to the point that you will learn to love your ‘new’ body as it transforms and use that feeling to guide you to your new defined physique wherever it falls as a number on the scale.

• ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Is that a healthy weight for you? What is your body fat percentage at that weight? How are your energy levels at that weight? Can you maintain it easily?
  • mom216
    mom216 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    advanhuis wrote: »
    mom216 wrote: »

I find it deeply offensive that you would suggest that a woman need to have curves in order to be a valid "female."

Please evaluate what you say before you say it.

To the OP: 130 sounds low but reasonable if you would just like to be thin. You may find you weigh more but like the look of your body more if you also add some muscle building, as you will be just as thin but strong.

I'm 5'5" and weigh 125 - for me, this currently means quite large arms and bum with visible cellulite. Another person of 5'2" may have 125 as a goal weight but that's a totally different body, and my goal is 115 because that's the weight where I feel happy and where my brain and body feel energised, and always has been. Everyone has different needs, and I have a small frame.

Don't let people lecture you online about your goal weight, but do listen to your body and if you begin feeling weak, you know your goals may need adjusting.

Best wishes!

I suggest you re-read my post. I ONLY referred to my body!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    Day 1 gym today!

5'9" and 130 is not underweight. The normal BMI range for her height is 125-168.

You'd be absolutely right that 130 at that height is not underweight. However, 115 at 5ft 7 is. http://www.healthchecksystems.com/heightweightchart.htm.