Addicted to Iced coffee's,anybody have any healthy Alternatives

Options
13»

Replies

• ophiure
    ophiure Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love Tim Hortons iced coffee. It's 160 calories as a standard medium (made with cream). I try to order it with milk instead, bringing it down to 110 calories. (You can also use chocolate milk instead. It increases the sugar, if that's something you're tracking.) Honestly, though, I like them too much to deprive myself of them, so I work it into my daily intake. There's just something about Tim Hortons coffee that you can't replicate at home. I treat myself once a week or less. Otherwise, I drink standard coffee at home with stevia and almond milk.

You can also try going down a size. Sure, you get a bit less, but you're still having delicious iced coffee :)
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I have a bad habit drinking iced coffee's from dunkin donuts ,if anybody has any healthy alternatives i would love to hear them..thanks!

Exercise more so you can have more Dunks.
    One does not simply choose a healthy alternative over Dunks.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Well I'm having some right now... just plain coffee with ice cubes, lol.
  • wonderish
    wonderish Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Love Starbucks iced coffee, I get a venti vanilla iced coffee with cream.. so yummy :)
  • dhvozza
    dhvozza Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I buy the Starbucks bottled light iced coffee and it is 50 calories for the entire bottle. http://www.starbucks.com/menu/drinks/iced-coffee/starbucks-low-calorie-iced-coffee?foodZone=9999
  • Merrysix
    Merrysix Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I love iced coffee with just skim milk -- yummy. I make cold brew coffee -- all flavor, no bitterness. You basically let water sit on coffee grounds over night, and then filter the liquid. I make in quantify and refrigerate in fridge. I bought the "toddy" system on line to do this.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I use chilled brewed coffee and ice. Then add a splash of cream. Delish!
  • nsimon24
    nsimon24 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Our DD offers almond milk as an option for their iced coffee - I generally skip the sugar and just get the dairy or almond milk added to it along with a flavoring. It puts a ding in things calorie-wise, but not a deal-breaker for me.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    Mine is 255 calories: 2 cups of coffee, 1 scoop vanilla whey protein, 1 cup skim milk. But I do not eat breakfast and this is all I have until after 2 pm.
  • Vasiliadis
    Vasiliadis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking Nectar Protein shakes - Cappucino flavor and it's delicious! Only 100 cal, 0sugar, 0carbs. It satisfies a sweet tooth also. The flavor reminds me of melted coffee ice cream. The double stuffed cookie flavor is really yummy too! And they don't have that typical 'protein' powder taste...and mixes well in a shaker cup with ice and water...no clumps!
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    My new addiction: 8oz cold coffee ~ 4oz vanilla almond milk (i use low sugar) ~ 1/2 medium size banana ~ 1/4 cup of pumpkin ~ 1/2t cinnamon ~ 1/4t nutmeg ~ 1/2 - 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder ~ Blend, ENJOY!

SO freaking GOOD

Or

8oz cold coffee ~ 4oz vanilla almond milk (low sugar is what i use) ~ 1/2 - 1 medium banana ~ 1/2 - 1 scoop chocolate protein powder ~ Blend, ENJOY!

Not only way lower in sugar than what i was getting, lower on my pocket book!! WIN WIN
  • kaylabrady13
    kaylabrady13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Dunks is my biggest down fall too! I get a medium iced rocky road extra extra and its soooo good but soooo bad for me lol
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    "Healthy alternative" ? How about skim milk and splenda. Or just drink it black like I do :)
  • JanetMMcC
    JanetMMcC Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Put me in the skim and splenda crowd. If you feel that the skim dilutes it too much, try adding dry skim milk to your coffee. 1/3 cup = 1 cup reconstituted. Also, try freezing leftover coffee in ice-cube trays for your iceed coffee. If you want flavors, try alcohol-free liquid food flavorings. (For mocha, there's sugar-free Nesquik.)
  • Janina22
    Janina22 Posts: 2 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I also like their iced coffee! I put in splenda flavoring packets. My favorite is Hazelnut, but French Vanilla is also available. Sold in the coffee aisle at stores. I also make iced coffee at home. I have a Keurig so I typically use Starbuck's Sumatra or Maxwell House's French because they're stronger. I let cool, if I have time, and fix with my favorite nondairy creamer. I then pour over ice and top it off with International Delight's Lite Mocha Iced Coffee. Yummy
  • hcglindsey
    hcglindsey Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Definitly make your own coffee and chill. Just add some ice and stevia or protein powder and shake.
  • musicandarts
    musicandarts Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Starbucks make a good unsweetened iced green tea. I add Splenda or Equal to it to make it sweet, but zero calories.