Binge eaters want to support each other?

Options
Any binge eaters want to support each other?

Any type of binge eater... compulsive, post-diet, obese, skinny, ED recovered / recovering, BED, for 20 years or 2, etc.

Replies

• StereophoneyGaz
    StereophoneyGaz Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I sometimes binge eat, then hate myself after and I've no idea why I do it
  • JessiLynnFit
    JessiLynnFit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Are you heavy into fitness? I ask because of your profile picture. I started compulsively binge eating after a competition prep. If you're interested Google the book "Brain Over Binge" it taught me where the binge urges come from in your brain and a thinking technique to detach from it. I'm almost completely past it but still want to reach out to other people.
  • kbkat7
    kbkat7 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting this! I'm trying to recover from bulimia so any help in regards to stopping the binges is greatly appreciated!! definetly will have to order the book :)
  • MayEleventh
    MayEleventh Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in the process of recovering from bulimia and would love to support others in any way that I can!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    There's a pretty active binge discussion thread up... might check that out, met some good ppl there. :) There's also a BED group among the group section.
  • JessiLynnFit
    Options
    There's a pretty active binge discussion thread up... might check that out, met some good ppl there. :) There's also a BED group among the group section.

Hey can you point me in the direction of the BED group ?
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10116158/binge-eating-disorder-b-e-d/p7 (thread)

@JessiLynnFit
    Hi Jessi :)
    Sure I'll post the Group link as soon I can find it. :D

Unfortunately after MFP did an update in the Fall the group search feature was lost! :'(
    But I do know one of the Mods/Owners of the group and I'll check with them for the link.

I'll ping you on here again when I get the info :)
  • larsunrise16
    larsunrise16 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way, but binge in food and exercise - what a crazy combo...
  • DucktasticallySlim
    DucktasticallySlim Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I need support from people that understand binge eating. I made a whole batch of cookies for just me a minute ago. I had one and then threw the rest out. That was a big step for me because usually I would have eaten the whole batch in one sitting with three glasses of milk. I need support please add me. Thanks
  • JessiLynnFit
    Options
    @Hearts_2015 thank you ! @DucktasticallySlim I definitely relate on that one
  • syedumairtelecom
    syedumairtelecom Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hey i love to support binge eater & bulimia :)
  • drmlswastleand
    drmlswastleand Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Binge eater. :(