NOT HUNGRY!! NEED SOME ADVICE PLEASE

Options
I havent Ate all day!! Im not hungry wat so ever.. -__- Ive been drinking water but not eating and i dont wanna force myself to eat! Sometimes i can go for days witout eating full meal maybe snack on some fruit every now and then but thats about it..

Can some please Give me advice on what to do

Thanks So Much :)

Replies

• codexavellum
    codexavellum Posts: 112
    Options
    Simple Advice: EAT
  • codexavellum
    codexavellum Posts: 112
    Options
    Edit: Double Posted
  • jhoffman27
    jhoffman27 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You're body is in starvation mode and you're body is getting used to not eating try upping your calories a little. =)
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    It is key to eat in the morning to get your metabolism going. I used to have to force myself to eat in the morning - wait an hour or two if you have to - but EAT breakfast. When it is stalled - you won't feel like eating. I held onto lots of weight by doing this. Good luck!
  • new_me032
    new_me032 Posts: 18
    Options
    You're body is in starvation mode and you're body is getting used to not eating try upping your calories a little. =)

• skinnyjeans13
    skinnyjeans13 Posts: 179
    Options
    Eating is the only thing that will make you want to eat more. You've gotta jump start your metabolism in the morning or you won't get hungry. I had to train myself and basically force the food into my mouth every morning, but it worked.
  • new_me032
    Options
    It is key to eat in the morning to get your metabolism going. I used to have to force myself to eat in the morning - wait an hour or two if you have to - but EAT breakfast. When it is stalled - you won't feel like eating. I held onto lots of weight by doing this. Good luck!

Ill try that Thanks :)
  • menchi
    menchi Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    For me when I have days I don't really want to eat, but my brain knows I should, I try to sit down with a small plate of food and nibble. Usually that gets my appetite going and I'll eat a real meal. Another idea might be to cook, try a new recipe you found and be mentally engaged in cooking while your senses are smelling the delicious food. I taste as I cook and when I'm done cooking, I'm either ready to eat what I made or I've snacked along the process. The important thing for me is to have healthy food within easy reach and to start eating so my body might change its mind and want to eat.
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I am very curious to see what responses are for this because I have the same problem. I am never hungry(I guess it was debauchery that got me this overweight), and even with planning my meals, cannot seem to take in enough calories. I am mostly in the deficit as I can eat salads and grilled chicken 24/7/345(eat other stuff the rest of the year). I hardly eat breakfast, sometimes skip lunch due to work(I work in a doctor office), and get full eating salads, grilled chicken, leafy veggies(cabbage and collard greens) for dinner. Please help me also.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I havent Ate all day!! Im not hungry wat so ever.. -__- Ive been drinking water but not eating and i dont wanna force myself to eat! Sometimes i can go for days witout eating full meal maybe snack on some fruit every now and then but thats about it..

Now REALLY, let's be honest...If you were not truly eating, why would you need to lose weight. Somewhere you are packing on the pounds. Success starts with being honest and accountable TO YOU FIRST. Just get a Plan and stick to it. Depending on your size, Start with at least 1200 calories per day for 6 weeks and Eat that NO MATTER What and a Moderate Exercise Routine!NOTHING EXTREME in Eating or Exercise. Don't do "Cheat Days" or any of that crap, that will "Fool" you. Just stick to the Plan and after 6 weeks see what happens.
  • Babytoy22002
    Babytoy22002 Posts: 41 Member
    Options

maybe you can try protein/meal replacement shakes. you need to get in nutrients since you're not eating
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Chronic lack of appetite can be a signal of severely decreased metabolism. A couple of threads that may help:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/175241-a-personal-view-on-exercise-cals-and-underfeeding

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/231636-the-eating-when-you-re-not-hungry-dilemma

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/186814-some-mfp-basics

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/230930-starvation-mode-how-it-works

As for how to increase cals:

Planning is key. Focus on balanced macros (protein/fat/carbs) in each meal/snack. Start with making sure to eat at least 3 meals a day. Breakfast is important when you're trying to overcome a habit of irregular eating or underfeeding. Once you've adjusted to that, add in snacks. Then, gradually increase the amount of cals in each meal/snack. Just 50 cals more for each meal/snack adds up. If you know you'll be working out, increase cals throughout the day.

If you're not feeling hungry, a good way to increase cals without much volume is healthy fats from natural oils (olive/canola), nuts and nut butters (almonds, pistachios, walnuts), and avocados. Also, I would stay away from "low cal" or "low fat" options. Partly because you want to increase cals, and partly because those foods are usually processed and not nutrient dense, and the cals or fat they take out is replaced by sugar (real or substitute) and sodium - not a good trade off. A fruit smoothie, protein shake or chocolate milk are good cal boosters, because drinking cals can be easier than eating when you aren't feeling hungry.

Typically, it may be hard for a few days or a week, but your body will adjust to the increased intake and you'll find it isn't an issue for long. Eating more will truly help your metabolism, and your appetite will increase with it.
  • new_me032
    Options

maybe you can try protein/meal replacement shakes. you need to get in nutrients since you're not eating

That sounds like a good idea i never tired shakes before!! thanks :)
  • EDesq
    Options
    Read this article and the Thread, it should give you some insight.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/222382-700-calories-a-day-and-not-losing

Article: 700 Calories a day and NOT losing Weight.
  • new_me032
    Options

Now REALLY, let's be honest...If you were not truly eating, why would you need to lose weight. Somewhere you are packing on the pounds. Success starts with being honest and accountable TO YOU FIRST. Just get a Plan and stick to it. Depending on your size, Start with at least 1200 calories per day for 6 weeks and Eat that NO MATTER What and a Moderate Exercise Routine!NOTHING EXTREME in Eating or Exercise. Don't do "Cheat Days" or any of that crap, that will "Fool" you. Just stick to the Plan and after 6 weeks see what happens.

IM NEW TO THIS IVE ONLY BEEN DOING THIS FOR ONE WEEK THIS IS MY 2ND WEEK THANKS -__-
  • EDesq
    Options

That sounds like a good idea i never tired shakes before!! thanks :)

DO NOT do That! Read the Articles!
  • HeyLisa
    HeyLisa Posts: 201
    Options
    I am very curious to see what responses are for this because I have the same problem. I am never hungry(I guess it was debauchery that got me this overweight), and even with planning my meals, cannot seem to take in enough calories. I am mostly in the deficit as I can eat salads and grilled chicken 24/7/345(eat other stuff the rest of the year). I hardly eat breakfast, sometimes skip lunch due to work(I work in a doctor office), and get full eating salads, grilled chicken, leafy veggies(cabbage and collard greens) for dinner. Please help me also.

Actually your diet reminds me very much of Atkins. When you are eating so low carb, your body goes into ketosis and your hunger does disappear. It's one of the perks of the diet (if you are always hungry). But also is something to fight. I know it sounds weird, but healthy carbs might be good to add some balance.
  • EDesq
    Options

IM NEW TO THIS IVE ONLY BEEN DOING THIS FOR ONE WEEK THIS IS MY 2ND WEEK THANKS -__-

That's Beat-Up...trying to help and I get Yelled at. Truth often Bites!
  • MissMoxy08
    MissMoxy08 Posts: 32
    Options
    How much water are you drinking? If you're drinking alot it could be keeping you from feeling hungry. I don't agree with forcing full meals and such onto yourself bc that can encourage bad eating habits. You should try to eat some kind of light snacks and see if that triggers your appetite. If you go hungry for a long time, eventually your body will stop sending the signals for you to eat. Snacking on the fruit is good but try to find snacks that have other things your body needs like carbs and such.

Have you lost any weight since you lost your appetite? If you've gone awhile with out feeling hungry and haven't lost weight, go see your doctor. You could have some imbalance that may need medical treatment. If your appetite doesn't come back after you try snacking more, still go see your doctor just to make sure everything is ok.
  • new_me032
    Options

That's Beat-Up...trying to help and I get Yelled at. Truth often Bites!

Thanks for the post i read it and i know that i need intake 1200-1500 calories a day which wud be hard since im not a big eater
    and i wasnt yelling sorry if you felt that way but im intaking your help and im greatful for it!! :)