All motivation has just deflated

Options
my aim was to be 170 by August for my wedding. I've got to 180 and just can't move from there. I can't be bothered to exercise or count my calories I've just completely deflated. I have Sean T hip hopping abs I was going to try and that's still in the box I just don't know what's up with me or how to get out of this rut

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you've got a bit of enthusiasm fatigue. So how about changing the way you think about it? There's a bunch of things we all do in life not because we want to, but because we have to if we want our lives to be how we like them. I'm thinking going to work, cleaning our houses, washing our clothes, cleaning the kitty litter... we *could* stop doing all those things, but then we'd be broke, our house would be a mess, we'd look like a slob and the litter would stink, right? So put making those better choices in that pile, rather than the 'yay, I'm excited to do this!' pile. Make it mandatory, rather than optional.

• schillewis
    schillewis Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Put the scale away. Seriously. Start focusing on behaviors (which you can control) rather than results (which you can't control). It's not about killer workouts - it's about moving more and consuming a bit less. So start today with maybe a walk or turning off the TV and doing some yard work. Anything to keep you moving. And commit to being active every day until your wedding. You will FEEL the difference. HUGS and congrats on your upcoming wedding!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Honestly its gets a bit boring amd looking after your mental state is one of the keys to losing. It says you have 10lbs to lose and you havec3 months to do so, so its still perfectly manageable, hence

Imo go to maintenance or keep on with the deficit and take a break from exercise for 1-7 days so you can recharge a re-evaluae. Soemtimes you can push through, other times a break is better so you can relax. Recharging cna be an importnat part of your plan so dont feel you have to be 100% all the time.

Whilst you are on a break, then still try and move a bit, walk, go shopping, but relax without going mad.
    Maybe if the current extercise isnt working find soemthing you like, go swimming, dancing, do a sport, try an activity. You should know yourself, but remind yourself why you are doing it, that you have time to still lose it and that maybe you cna make a few changes to make it easier.

Relax and worry less.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    Please try not to put even more pressure onto yourself. Yes, it would possibly be good to be the 170 lb you wanted to be. Please see being the 180 lb you are presently as a success in itself. Please try to give yourself credit for the changes you made to get you this far. You have a good 8 weeks possibly more in which you may get closer to where you think you would like to be. I've not looked at your diary, so I may be off in suggesting you try to go a little lighter on carbohydrates, this may help you balance your macros better. If you have the same foods at the same time every day perhaps to change thing about a little, becoming too well regulated may also be holding you back. We all have different boredom thresholds when it comes to counting calories. Stay accurate check the foods you are using have the correct calories, sometimes the National agency numbers can differ from those supplied by MFP members. Then consider what you are gaining by way of health and don't permit yourself to spoil, "the ship for a pennyworth of tar".

If you can try to see your exercise as a physical distraction from the concerns you may have, for the things which need to be done before and then on the day, this may help. By keeping to your exercise program you will benefit your shape. If you took your measurements when you started out, you will probably discover encouragement there. Scales and tape measures can have the biggest arguments, the tape measure should win out. Becoming then staying healthy is a life long commitment.

The wedding day is only one day. Then together you will have the rest of your lives to share. Please keep up your good work. All the very best.
  • SallyinIL
    SallyinIL Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    schillewis wrote: »
    Start focusing on behaviors (which you can control) rather than results (which you can't control).
    You are brilliant.

• Stacivogue
    Stacivogue Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Good luck on looking your best for your wedding. I can promise you that you will one day look at the pictures and say...wow, I looked great! I too was 10 lbs over what I wanted to be, but now I think I looked great. Just remember, nobody knows your weight (except your friends on MFP) and you guests are coming to celebrate your life, not judge your weight!

Here's a good tip when you are losing motivation. Watch the scene in the little mermaid where Ursula bursts out of her wedding dress. It always made me laugh. Also, I forgot to weigh myself when I got the dress, so was so paranoid it would not fit. Turns out, they order it a size up, and they actually had to take it in three sizes when I got fitted!

I am trying to think what my diet and workout was then...because I was traveling for work 5 days a week.

I'd get on the hotel elliptical for 45min- hour before work
    Breakfast was an omelette (cheddar mushrooms onions)
    Then I would pick up the same lunch everyday. (Chinese steamed chicken with broccoli- no rice, garlic sauce on side for dipping). The cafeteria food was too unhealthy. Everyone made fun of me every day at lunch, totall annoying.
    Snack: almonds
    3x a week to lift after work
    Then a piece of fish and some veggies for dinner.

Anyway, good luck. I am having my own motivational crisis. I have to stop posting on my fitness pal and get on the bike.

FYI, been married for 10 years, but sometimes I have an anxiety dream that I have to wear my wedding dress to some major event, and it's been died a different color, and I frantically have to run to buy a dress that will fit.

Totally bizarre.

Also have the dream that the wedding is starting and I'm still in my workout clothes.