PICS: Are my legs too big for these shorts?

JessicaL1606
JessicaL1606 Posts: 44 Member
edited June 2015 in Motivation and Support
This might sound ridiculous and I hate giving into my inner demons that keep telling me my legs are too big for shorts, but I just want an honest opinion from people who won't neccessarily feel bad about telling me the truth straight up (the internet makes this so easy). I'm slim on my top, but my legs have always been the area of my body that I'm ashamed of and after losing about 10-15 lbs and a pant size (a size 8 now), I bought shorts but can't decide if my legs are ready for them. So please give me your thoughts about this!

Keep in mind that I would style this outfit better - i'm just wearing my ghetto tank top from bed time lol!

pjt03gpotwmg.jpg
8xxxbrkyodhe.jpg
1kcojsxydjlz.jpg

Replies

• SallyinIL
    SallyinIL Posts: 85 Member
    Looks just fine to me. Wear them with your head held high after all the hard work you've done.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Really?
  • spookyface
    spookyface Posts: 420 Member
    YEAH YOU LOOK JUST FINE.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    They look similar to mine and I just bought my first pair since middle school for this summer. Rock 'em.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Heck no!
  • DringusDrungus
    DringusDrungus Posts: 12 Member
    They look good, wear 'em proud.
  • netterzilla
    netterzilla Posts: 1 Member
    They look great - I love the cats!
  • AriaColl
    AriaColl Posts: 40 Member
    You look great! Don't let your demons win ;)
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    edited June 2015
    You’re totally ready and I understand where you’re coming from. I bought shorts this summer for the first time *ever*. It’s an adjustment. You look fantastic, rock those shorts and legs :smile:

P.S. Your cats are really cute!
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Kitty!! But, yeah, you look great.
  • mudflatmabel
    mudflatmabel Posts: 138 Member
    Why are you ashamed? Don't worry what other people may think. Their opinions don't matter and they probably aren't even looking at you. Wear what you want and feel good in. Your legs and body look healthy, be glad you can walk and when you are twenty years older, you will be wishing you showed them off more!
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    I've always had big muscular thighs and big calves. Many many times I wish I had those slim lanky legs. But no matter how small I've been, my legs would never be used in a Nair commercial. But I have always worn shorts. You have nice legs and they are not as big as you think. Those look like my shorts I wore yesterday (Loft?) they are not my most flattering but so comfortable!
  • stinegulliksen
    stinegulliksen Posts: 39 Member
    You can wear whatever you want. You´re legs are gorgeous :smiley:
  • Degucat
    Degucat Posts: 12 Member
    Looks great to me, I wish I had those pins, they look very toned! Lovely kitties too :)
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    No they look fine
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Your legs look good, plus you have handsome pets = winning at life.
  • jenniferbushey69
    jenniferbushey69 Posts: 22 Member
    they look great !!!!! And you remind me of myself I still wont wear shorts because my legs are my trouble spot :( But they look amazing good for you :)
  • mirlredmann
    mirlredmann Posts: 28 Member
    tufel wrote: »
    Heck no!
    Let's just assume that was weird humor. Those shorts are fine for anything casual and you can wear them for sure.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,489 Member
    edited June 2015
    Unless you're trying to get attention, most people won't give anyone a second look. My emphasis to all my clients is wear what makes you comfortable and don't fret about what others think. People are more concerned about how you view them, than the other way around.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    You look great in them....I would tell you honestly if they were too small for you..I have the same issue and a drawer full of shorts my thighs cant fit.