Tips of healthy food

austejaxo
austejaxo Posts: 6 Member
I want to find food that are good and healthy, also the sort of food that fills you up. Any suggestions? Add me and follow our journey to a better us

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Kind of vague. What do you like? Most foods are healthy with the context of a well balanced diet.
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    edited June 2015
    Macronutrients = Protein, Dietary Fat, Carbohydrates

Protein is the most satiating macronutrient. In other words, protein will fill you up slightly better than fat or carbs. But it is wise to have a healthy amount of all three in your diet.

Your body on a biological level doesn't care about what specific foods you eat as long as it is well nourished. Whole minimally processed foods are best. Just eat what you enjoy and focus on portion control.
  • austejaxo
    arditarose wrote: »
    Kind of vague. What do you like? Most foods are healthy with the context of a well balanced diet.

When I'm bored I always eat something like crisp and chocolate to pass my boredom, I don't know how to stop it or what to do in the day to stop myself for eating so much at night. I want to try healthy snaps and meals such as salad and what kind of salad dressing I should choose. Do you have any food suggestions?
  • austejaxo
    I
    sixxpoint wrote: »

Protein is the most satiating macronutrient. In other words, protein will fill you up slightly better than fat or carbs. But it is wise to have a healthy amount of all three in your diet.

Your body on a biological level doesn't care about what specific foods you eat as long as it is well nourished. Whole minimally processed foods are best. Just eat what you enjoy and focus on portion control.

I want to try not to eat too much carbs and lower my intake in saturated fat. I need some foods that have vitamin and natural energy resources
  • arditarose
    austejaxo wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »

When I'm bored I always eat something like crisp and chocolate to pass my boredom, I don't know how to stop it or what to do in the day to stop myself for eating so much at night. I want to try healthy snaps and meals such as salad and what kind of salad dressing I should choose. Do you have any food suggestions?

I mean...I suggest food you like. Keep some dark chocolate around, make it fit into your goal-log it. Put ingredients into a salad that you like. I like black beans, shrimp, avocado, laughing cow cheese, and chipotle sauce. There are so many options. I try not to use creamy salad dressings because they can be at least 200 calories and that's not worth it for ME...other people love it and make it fit into their goals. A lot of it is personal preference. You learn to eat the things you love, in moderation. Weigh it all on a food scale though :)
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    edited June 2015
    austejaxo wrote: »
    I
    sixxpoint wrote: »

I want to try not to eat too much carbs and lower my intake in saturated fat. I need some foods that have vitamin and natural energy resources

Neither are bad (despite what you may have heard) and restriction of these items will not help you toward your weight loss goal. Overeating and a lack of exercise is what makes you fat.

Stick to whole, minimally processed foods and you won't have a problem. Quit buying brand names and buy food that comes naturally from the Earth. This doesn't mean you have to be an organic hippie; just use common sense... Example: Nabisco and Entenmann's are probably not as fulfilling and nutritious as Red Bell Peppers and Potatoes.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    plenty of lean sourced protein, healthy fats from things like avocados, nuts, olive oil and the like...some whole grains and legumes, plenty of veg and some fruit...you should be good.
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    I eat filling food most of the time. My diary is public, if you wish to take a peek.
  • Jengoing2015
    Jengoing2015 Posts: 28 Member
    I saw a mention of creamy salad dressings. I do like them so I water them down with a dash of milk. Better salad coverage with less fat.
  • arditarose
    I saw a mention of creamy salad dressings. I do like them so I water them down with a dash of milk. Better salad coverage with less fat.

So do you cut the serving size down or do you just add milk...making the serving even more calories? Explain me this.