Have 300+ lbs to loose any others?

Options
Looking for friends with same goals

Replies

• TSith
    TSith Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!!!!! Don't give up! Keep pushing yourself daily!! Even if it's a small improvement, in the long run it will add up! :)
  • joeboland
    joeboland Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I had 120 to lose, and lost it over the last couple of years, thanks in big part to MFP. If you want company, I'm happy to accompany you on your journey. :)
  • ellie0213
    ellie0213 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your service. We all have a journey. Happy to lend a hand.
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I have about half that to lose, but I know it's going to be a long journey. Feel free to add me and I will be happy to support you as best I can :smiley:
  • squadleader66
    squadleader66 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys if you want I think I have fine tunes my diet check it out tell me what you think I should change?
  • Virdrago
    Virdrago Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You have an amazing journey ahead of you. I'm sure it will be tough, and not without challenges, but anything worth attaining is. Good luck to you on this journey.
  • anasanta24
    anasanta24 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! Don't give up! It will be difficult but not impossible! Have you try or know about "unicity" products!? You can start with the transformation program! A friend of mine did it and they have coaches and all you need to reach your goals! If you don't they returned the money!
  • Zombieinkpot
    Zombieinkpot Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    I had 300+ to lose when I started. Almost down 150lbs so far. I recommend logging everything; keep a deficit; don't worry if you go over one day, watch your average for the week; introduce exercise slowly and build it up gradually. Take one day at a time. Good luck!
  • Juliansmommy09
    Juliansmommy09 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am new too I have to loose 101 this app seems very helpful we can do it =]]
  • VioletLemon
    VioletLemon Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have about 150 lbs to lose. I joined MFP 30 days ago and have lost 10 lbs. You can do this- just be honest logging your food so you can see where you need to tweak it- and exercise every single day in some form- I chose swimming because its fun and you feel basically weightless in the water! Even walking in the water or just treading is such great exercise!! Add me as a friend if you like!
  • VioletLemon
    VioletLemon Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    PS and by exercise it can be so simple like kicking your legs up and down while watching tv- or grab a couple cans of food and work your arms while sitting down- they make great light weights!! Anything- just move and Im wishing and praying for your success- and everyone else!! All the best!
  • DuneSeaNomad
    DuneSeaNomad Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I had 211 pounds to lose and have lost 4.9 pounds to start. I have quite the journey ahead of me and would love to tag along with anyone on their journey. I admire you for coming on here and being straight up with the community, and more importantly, yourself. I applaud you, my man.
  • Jennyryan21
    Jennyryan21 Posts: 69 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I have about 175lb to lose. It seems so unobtainable when you're looking at huge numbers like and I find myself unable to relate to people that have a 20-30lb goal. The best advice I can give is don't even look at that big goal number. Break it down into smaller, lessdaunting goals to strive for. Eventually those small goals add up to that big number. If you have a bad day, pick yourself up and try again tomorrow. Just don't stop. Right now, all together, I'm down about 47lbs... but it still feels like I have forever to go. I'm alllllllmoooost to the point where I look forward to going to the gym. There are still days where it's the last thing on earth I want to do, but I make myself go anyway. I think you should automatically burn double those days.

I can second checking into the unicity transformation. My dad did it last year and was very successful (He lost I think 59 or 69lbs in 13 weeks and came in 2nd place out of 2000+) All together he has gone from about 370lbs+ down to about 250-240lbs I think, in just over a year. I'm actually starting my transformation this week. I have been told I'm uncoachable, so we will see how that goes ;) I'm hoping the competition part will boost my motivation as it appeals to my competitive nature... I hate losing even more than I like winning (and I'm hoping more than I like DQ Blizzards and lounging in the tub with my nose in a book).
  • DataSeven
    DataSeven Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    At my start I had probably 225-250 to lose, and I'm halfway there. Although our situations are no longer the same, I started out same as you, maybe I can help and be support for you.

If I can give any advice from my year and a half's journey so far, try to concentrate on habits. For example... I used to get breakfast at the fast food drive thru EVERY DAY. My food diary is completely open so you can go back to early 2014 and see how much I had fast food for breakfast even AFTER I started tracking. What I had to do was to begin preparing my breakfast and lunch the night before, and bring it to work with me, and avoid the drive thru in the morning altogether. If you change that habit it becomes easier to consume fewer calories. I try to limit myself to once a week having the egg mcmuffin, and sometimes I get the hashbrown and other times I don't. You don't have to 100% give up anything.

If anyone on this thread sends me a friend request, and you are welcome to, please mention where you saw this post so I know why I'm getting the request. I tend to ignore friend requests with no note.
  • squadleader66
    squadleader66 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys got the extra push :)
  • dianamarymarsden
    dianamarymarsden Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I need to loose 4 stone! Help!!!
  • GemeliaFP
    GemeliaFP Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have 2 stone to lose, but I am here for you if you need any support and motivation :)
  • shauna913
    shauna913 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi there!!! I have 150 pounds to lose n know about struggles...add me as a friend and we can support each other.
  • BradW99
    BradW99 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Inspiration can come from the smallest things. Good luck brother keep killing it and love the process.
  • myowninspiration33
    myowninspiration33 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have over 200 to lose....anyone can add me