Here I go again

Options
recent (past year and a half) I have gained back 50 of the 142 pounds that I had lost. Due to stress, medications and surgery, that 50LBS come back waaaaay to easy....time to get it under control again before I gain ALL of it back. This site looked awesome, so I decided this is how I was going to do it this time. Would love to meet people who have struggled their whole life to control their weight and who are determined to do their best!

Replies

• phil6707
    phil6707 Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Good luck
  • dbendelow
    dbendelow Posts: 27
    Options
    i've been dieting on and off for the last 11 year, its not easy and i dont want to think that i'm gunna be dieting for the rest of my life but it looks that way :(

Nice to know we all in this together, i've been on this site about a month and am findin it quite useful. my weight loss is slow but its coming off ....even if it is at snails pace :)
  • capricorn144
    capricorn144 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Smart of you to get back on the band wagon. :flowerforyou:

If you need support add me in...I have been up and down the weight chart all my adult life...I have finally decided to make this the last trip on that ship!

It doesn't matter how many pounds one has to lose, it is how serious you are about making changes that become your new life style.
    That is how I am looking at it. :happy:
  • lookingforserenity
    lookingforserenity Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you...have to start taking it one day at a time again...or one minute if I have to!
  • stubby226
    stubby226 Posts: 1
    Options
    my name is julia and I have struggled with weight all my life. I had a stomach stapling several years ago but had to have it revised due to medical issues. I was very ill ; lost about 50lbs. Became sick with another issue and was basically unable to e=walk for at least one year. Subsequently gained all my weight back and was up to 220 . I am now down to 195 and am aiming for 150 I go to a group that is supportive and weighs me every week. I am able to walk now and am gradually increasing my exercise. I just joined this sight and find it very helpful as long as i use it and do my documentation honestly.

I have explored other diet sites and this site has been the easiest to utilize and is very helpful.

I can understand were you are coming from and hope you well.
  • lookingforserenity
    lookingforserenity Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wish you well too! :)