STEAK SAUCE ?

Options
axman19
axman19 Posts: 79 Member
Before I started my diet I was an A1 Steak Sauce addict. I am curious to what efffects having 1TBSP. of A1 would have per day. Honestly I could eat a piece of dog crap with enough A1 on it. No big deal if I cannot have it the rest of my life, I just enjoyed it on alot of the stuff i used to eat and would enjoy it on some of the new stuff I am eating that I am not thrilled about(turkey burger). Lets just say it would make it taste like a fillet to me. Thanks for responses.

Replies

• yodacho
    yodacho Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I think the site says a tablespoon has about 15 calories, so I would imagine you could go for it. Almost like low cal salad dressing for meat.
  • tristanathan
    Options
    For regular A1, its about 15 calories per tablespoon, all from sugar. But, supposedly A1 has a carb watchers steaksauce that is only 5 calories. I've had good luck with the top brands low carb/low sugar version of sauces so it wouldn't hurt to give it a try. I guess its just up to you based on the calories you can have per day and if you are watching anything in particular.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    A tablespoon of A1 has 15 calories... I think you can probably squeeze it into your daily calorie allotment. ;-) It has a lot of sodium, so if you're someone who needs to watch salt intake, don't go crazy overboard with the steak sauce.

Honestly... I don't think there is any food that you need to say "I'll never have it again for the rest of my life" to have success with weight loss. Moderation is a good thing.
  • tlems
    tlems Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    LOL. You must REALLY like the stuff. I would think that it is ok, so long as you are keeping tabs on your sodium intake, counting the calories and drinking lots of water...
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it but I challenge you to eat dog crap with the sauce and report back...
  • teamsaris
    teamsaris Posts: 30
    Options
    For me personally, this is a life change I don't limit myself to my favorite things ;) I still eat ketchup and sauces, butters and oils, dressings....etc. You get the point. The key is to keep track, stay accountable, don't go crazy :)

I looked it up and it's about 15 calories for one serving of A1 sauce (the sodium is probably higher, but once and awhile I'm sure you will be fine).

Enjoy your A1 :)
  • asudheimer
    asudheimer Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and pile it on, just drink some extra water to help flush out the sodium. :)
  • monchand
    monchand Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    If you account for the calories in your diary, I don't see why not. I feel we need to still enjoy our food and if a simple tablespoon @ 15 calories, zero fat, 3g carbs and 2g sugar, 280mg sodium, makes it taste better than go for it! I truely believe that if you are honest with your calories in and out and stick to your daily goal calories you should be ok.
  • axman19
    axman19 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am always under my allowed calories, sodium, sugars, etc.... and I drink tons and tons of water. Just curious if someone thought A1 had something in it I needed to stay away from that a calorie, sugar, fat, and carbo counter like me didnt know about.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I think if having the sauce helps you eat more vegetables and lean meats, go for it. For example, I'll enjoy carrots with a little bit of ranch so I at least get the carrots in my diet. Or if you just love it overall eat it!!