Working out - what do you like about it?

Options
What do you like most about working out?

1. I love the way I feel after a great workout (energy, feel accomplished etc)
2. I love that I can eat more on the days I workout (I love to eat so this is a big plus)

So let's hear it.. what do you like about it??

Replies

• baldzach
    baldzach Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options

2. I love that I can eat more on the days I workout (I love to eat so this is a big plus)

Basically what you said. I also love that I had to buy new belts last week because my old ones didn't hold my pants up anymore. I love that all of my dress shirts (have to wear a tie to work) are baggy around my neck. I love that I can run for 2 hours without stopping and still feel good the rest of the day. I love the muscle tone I have right after a workout.

Le sigh. Fitness rocks.
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    means i can eat more and not worry about it as much :D
    as for have more energy after it? im like dead after the gym!
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Both of the reasons you listed. I also love the feeling of working up a sweat, it makes me feel like I've really accomplished something for the day.
  • ceschwartz
    ceschwartz Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I love those "I can't do that, wait I'm doing it, YAY I did it moments."
    I love when I do something silly, like falling over in yoga, and I get knowing and encouraging smiles from others.
  • VSgirl2010
    VSgirl2010 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    NOTHING

Just kidding- I like that I'm done for the day when its over- LOL
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I love how I feel more motivated to do different kinds of exercise- I would never have thought I was like that!

I also love feeling energised and stronger too. I love that I'm getting smaller and fitter and I love that I haven't particularly had to change my eating habits! It all rocks!
  • flea2449
    flea2449 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Who said I liked it?!!?!!!

I guess so I can eat more food!!!!!! I kid, I kid!!
  • fosterks
    fosterks Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I love the sweat (minging!) and the fact that I have worked as hard as I can
    I love the way my legs ache when I get into bed!!!
    I love the way it makes me feel, it makes me happier and just lifts me so much
  • AEROBICVIC
    AEROBICVIC Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    the pump, the high.....takes hours to come down from an awesome workout!
  • jw17695
    jw17695 Posts: 438 Member
    Options

I like the shower afterwards!
  • ampjorgensen
    ampjorgensen Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Working is really my "Me" time. I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old. I don't get me time. Normally my work out consist of pushing a stroller, chasing kids and as of late gardening with them (that is a total work out! haha) anyways when I get a chance to work out with them its just me and the pavement beneath my feet or the machine I'm working out on. I am hoping to get an elliptical to put in my basement.
  • jldaley09
    jldaley09 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    The Endorphin rush.. totally exhilirating..
    Being able to eat more is just a bonus :)
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Your two plus ...

1) taking at least a hour a day of just "me" time to 'unplug' from the rest of the world
    2) taking on a new challenge and having something to aim for. When I reach that goal, I set the next one.
    3) getting to spend time outside when the weather permits (and so far this year, outdoor workouts have been few and far between)
    4) I am motivating others ... both my family and friends (not only with exercise, but with making good food choices as well)
    5) the other people at the gym with similar goals and aspirations
    6) being in the gym when it is only women ... total "girl power" :) (nothing against the boys, but in my gym, the male to female ratio is highly skewed, so it's fun when it works out to be girls only)
    7) I sleep better on nights I've worked out
    8) It helps me get in more water than I do on a day that I don't work out
    9) the definition I am finally starting to see. Guess what? I had abs hiding under all the flubber! ;)
    10) trying new things. Next? Kick boxing!
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Hitting a 1000 cal burn, and the sense of wellbeing after...
  • concealedpearl
    Options
    I love the energy and the high I get afterwards. Love that I can eat more and fuel my body.
    The best part is noticing new muscles and my body changing.
  • Louiselesley
    Louiselesley Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I love the endorphins. Working out, even for a quick 10minutes, puts me in a great mood and gets me motivated for other stuff!
  • arielian
    arielian Posts: 200
    Options
    I love seeing the calories i've burned on the treadmill!
  • niccccci
    niccccci Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Both of the reasons you listed, for sure.

I'm a stay at home mom so my 45-90 minutes at the gym is my time of the day to focus on me on not my amazing mini spartan... I mean toddler.

It's my time to rock out to all my favorite guilty pleasure music :)

Oh, and I almost forgot the best part- the RESULTS!
  • dclassi1
    dclassi1 Posts: 27
    Options
    I love that it's my time! I do Zumba, Just Dance and Abs! I haven't lost as much as weight as I had hoped, but I love how baggy my clothes are becoming! Yeah! Yeah! :laugh:
  • austrya
    austrya Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    1. It's my "me" time.
    2. I love my early morning runs when most of the people in town are still sleeping. So quiet!
    3. I love knowing that I'm doing something amazing for virtually every part of my body.
    4. I love that I get to eat more on workout days!
    5. I love that I'm setting an awesome example for my kids.