Non-Food Rewards for hitting small goals

Options
Anybody care to share ideas for non food related rewards when you hit smaller goals to keep yourself motivated? How frequently do you reward yourself?
_a new outfit?
_getting my hair done?
-getting my nails done?
-a piece of jewelry?
Please share!!!

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    ~maid service once a week
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I don't really do the reward thing. For me, I can't get my head around fitting rewards into a lifestyle change. I don't reward myself for having a shower, or going to the post office - I don't see why I should reward myself for going to the gym or eating sensibly. But that's me. I can see why it might work for some people, especially in the beginning! I only say that because I can't give any personal suggestions, or advice as to frequency of rewards.

How about:

Getting a massage
    Going on a day out to a favourite place
    Getting some special bubble bath or something and having a super indulgent bath
    New workout clothes or shoes

Just a few things that come to mind! :)

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I don't give myself rewards for small changes in my lifestyle. Big things, though:

Buy myself a new sweater after passing my group fitness certification
    Get new workout pants at Athleta when I find out my GFI certification qualifies me for a 30% discount.
    Change my hair style to go with my new lifestyle.
  • chuck636
    chuck636 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Clothes...that's mine
  • Heidisjourney
    Heidisjourney Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I don't get a lot of me time , so I've added things like seeing a movie, a massage, buying a new book, having a bubble bath , having a manicure,
    New shoes, new outfit , etc
  • nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    CLOTHES. Nothing is a bigger motivator for maintaining a good weight than falling in love with how you look in a new dress. That way, you can instantly see when the slow-creep weight gain happens, and you want to get back to the look you've become accustomed to.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    clothes are nice. shoes if you wear out the old ones. I like jewelry off etsy.