I can be part of your cheering section! Looking for friends.

Options
It seems a lot of my pals have fallen off the radar. I like to go through my feed an give a little 'woot woot' when you post exercise, or scale victories, or non scale victories. I am not gonna lie, I like it when someone does the same for me. It makes me feel good. Yes, I am that person who seeks validation. It shouldn't bother me that no one commented or 'liked' my status -a 1300+ calorie burn by the way-but i felt a little sad. I even commented on my own status. Twice. So, if you would like an enthusiastic, albeit insecure friend, please friend me!

Replies

• 04hoopsgal73
    04hoopsgal73 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Well that is not much support for you. It's actually rude that no on on your wall liked or commented on your status.
    I actually just posted on my wall that I neeeded to cut ties with some people. I'm serious about this. I need to be surrounded by others who both need support but also can give support, too. There are times when we are sick or traveling and we log in but don't have the proper time to comment. That's understandable. But on a regular basis we all need to know we have a support base here whom we can lean on and share our ups and downs with. I'll be your friend. Let's do this! We have one common friend, Steph.
  • OhCora
    OhCora Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    YAY glad to have you as a friend.
  • lilbthebasedgod
    lilbthebasedgod Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Would love to encourage you on your fitness journey!
  • kkcruickshank
    kkcruickshank Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm looking for new friends to encourage and motivate me (and vice versa). I've been using MFP on and off for a number of years and have recently gotten back on the wagon. I'm looking to lose 20-30 pounds. Let's be friends!
  • DogRiverDude
    DogRiverDude Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I tell myself that I don't need validation (but it's kinda nice to get eh?). If you need a "News Feed Liker"... I can help you out in that department ;-)

I've lost 48 since joining MFP 75 days ago, but looking to drop 25-35 more. The more friends the merrier... anyone, feel free to add me!
  • Marthy101
    Marthy101 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    OhCora wrote: »
    It seems a lot of my pals have fallen off the radar. I like to go through my feed an give a little 'woot woot' when you post exercise, or scale victories, or non scale victories. I am not gonna lie, I like it when someone does the same for me. It makes me feel good. Yes, I am that person who seeks validation. It shouldn't bother me that no one commented or 'liked' my status -a 1300+ calorie burn by the way-but i felt a little sad. I even commented on my own status. Twice. So, if you would like an enthusiastic, albeit insecure friend, please friend me!
    I tell myself that I don't need validation (but it's kinda nice to get eh?). If you need a "News Feed Liker"... I can help you out in that department ;-)

I've lost 48 since joining MFP 75 days ago, but looking to drop 25-35 more. The more friends the merrier... anyone, feel free to add me!

I need friends too!
    My app is acting funny, dunno if this will post right...
    I'll "like" your accomplishments! I like "likes" too!
    I need motivation/ support too. I've lost 42 lbs over the past year, but lately I've been eating like a Pig and slacking on the exercise!! I'm horrified that I may gain back a bunch when I still need to lose at least 10 lbs more.
  • amycuz14
    amycuz14 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I would love to be in on a cheering section - and I agree, it is so nice to hear a bit of a pat on the back too LOL! I love getting on and finding out what everyone's day was like and giving them a like or a shout out, and yes, it's awesome after a killer workout to have my cheering section too!

A lot of my friends have fallen off the mfp radar, would love some more active friends too :)
  • med2ironic
    med2ironic Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Encouragement and accountability are key! I'm always excited to hear of other people's achievements :)