Cats are so weird!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    I have a 22lb demon disguised as a cat. This creature likes to hang out in the shower, has a plastic bag chewing fetish and likes to climb into the laundry basket as I am trying to fold. He also sleeps where ever he damn well pleases LOL

HEH HEH HEH One of my cats chews plastic bags too! Glad to know he's not the only cat that does that.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I have a 22lb demon disguised as a cat. This creature likes to hang out in the shower, has a plastic bag chewing fetish and likes to climb into the laundry basket as I am trying to fold. He also sleeps where ever he damn well pleases LOL

HEH HEH HEH One of my cats chews plastic bags too! Glad to know he's not the only cat that does that.

My cats chew bags as well...I don't know if it's a texture thing, lol, maybe they like the sound...? Either way, you have to be careful...we have a couple cats at the shelter that are allergic to plastic and chewing the bags could kill them =(
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options

My cats chew bags as well...I don't know if it's a texture thing, lol, maybe they like the sound...? Either way, you have to be careful...we have a couple cats at the shelter that are allergic to plastic and chewing the bags could kill them =(
    My cats chew on plastic bags too. I heard it was an oil thing, there is petroleum in the bags. I try to keep plastic bags away from them but they manage to find them and start chewing on them in the middle of the night...
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I have one cat that hides his toys in my roommate's shoes. The other drags laundry upstairs from the basement. The third one periodically has spaz attacks and tears through the house...

Yeah... cats are so weird.
  • shawn526
    shawn526 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Our boy cat, Walter, loves to lie on our running shoes after we've run in them. He also likes to rub against our legs when we're all sweaty and stinky and gross. Our girl cat, Daria, carries around small pieces of paper, like a dog. Last night she brought us a grocery receipt she found in my fiance's office. Weirdos, lol
  • srixner
    srixner Posts: 6
    Options
    That is to funny. I have 3 cats all orang tabbies. They sleep in the weirdest places. Ronaldo likes to open the cabinet and sleep in y big cooking pot. My big cat George sleeps in any bag especially if it has a zipper. He will unzip it to climb in and nap. Crazy cats.:bigsmile:

Then we have a Oliver who fetches. Plays hide and seek and speaks on command. He must think he is a dog.
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Glad to see I am not the only one with crazy cats!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I have one cat that hides his toys in my roommate's shoes. The other drags laundry upstairs from the basement. The third one periodically has spaz attacks and tears through the house...

Yeah... cats are so weird.

:laugh: My cat has those spaz attacks too. All of a sudden, he'll just take off like a flash. A lot of times he'll do it after he's used to litter pan.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    My cat Andre' also likes to sniff my son's feet. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Creeps my son out. He calls the cat a perv. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • MissMoxy08
    MissMoxy08 Posts: 32
    Options
    I have four cats and Basil loves loves loves shoes! She'll stick her whole head in my sneakers, as far as her fat little head will go. And she has found a way to get on top of a free floating kitchen cabinet and she can't get down. And she keeps getting back up there. If you're on the couch, especially with food, Ginger is THERE. And Poppy loves to hop on top of the clothes I'm laying out for the day, they're still in my hand and she's already on them. And Pepper prefers to lay right on my chest when I'm laying on my back.

The four of them make for some great entertainment
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    My cat likes to open the silverware drawer and flip every single fork, knife, and spoon out of the drawer before he settles down and goes to sleep. Weirdo!
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    Our boy cat, Walter, loves to lie on our running shoes after we've run in them. He also likes to rub against our legs when we're all sweaty and stinky and gross. Our girl cat, Daria, carries around small pieces of paper, like a dog. Last night she brought us a grocery receipt she found in my fiance's office. Weirdos, lol

I think the cats are trying to coach you - keep exercising, buy healthier food at the grocery store. These are GOOD cats.
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options

I think the cats are trying to coach you - keep exercising, buy healthier food at the grocery store. These are GOOD cats.

Animals know more than we give them credit for!
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options
    My cat attacks the dogs, very amusing. Especially since the dogs are 60 pounds and the cat is 15.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    My cat just wees on my shoes... :(
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    my cat keeps trying to lick plastic bags. He's messed up.
  • nightengale7
    nightengale7 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I have two funny kitties. Both are now lap cats, but Jasmine prefers to lay on your chest/stomach area when you are laying down and Puff will curl up next to you in a little ball. Puff also plays fetch with her toys, loves to run laps in the bath tub, sleep in the sink, and get in between your legs while you stand in the shower drying off. Lol, she's cray cray :laugh:
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    my cat keeps trying to lick plastic bags. He's messed up.

I don't think he's messed up - he's probably lacking in vital vitamins and minerals (Google 'pica' - eating weird stuff to get your nutrients). You need to make absolutely sure that not only is he getting his macros but that his micros are in balance too. Some prime rib in his kitty bowl once or twice a week should help (budget won't matter, I'm sure, if you really love him).

As for my cats, they love rubbing up and down the straps on my boyfriend's rucksack after we've been hiking. They also have a fondness for dragging his Calvin Kleins out of the laundry basket and rolling round in them. Guess he is sweatier than I am. Disgusting creatures!!!
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Mine hates shoes, see?

UOE7d3r.gif