What to eat with egg rolls?

Options
NeuroticVirgo
NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
So I'm thinking about making egg rolls (and usually end up making like 12 of them for 3 people! just because of how the supplies work out)....ANYWAYS...so what would be a good side to go with egg rolls? lol I know it seems odd since usually they are the side, but its going to be the other way around.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Steamed shrimp perhaps?
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Steamed brown rice and veggies?
  • Genie30
    Genie30 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    For dinner tonight I had a huge pile of stir fried mixed vegetables with sweet and sour sauce, that was yummy!
  • sandralina
    sandralina Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Cucumbers. :]
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Steamed brown rice and veggies?

Just what I was gonna say!
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Brown rice, veggies, pasta alfredo, potatoes, grilled chicken breasts... the possibilities are endless. LOL! :bigsmile:
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    steamed bok choy or maybe cabbage? Super tasty and low low calorie.... also you can never go wrong with lettuce wrapping your cooked eggrolls and adding some peanut sauce made with low cal pb...
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    becareful with egg rolls cuz they are a fried food... but id serve with rice (either white or brown) and a steamed veggie like brocolli.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    steamed bok choy or maybe cabbage? Super tasty and low low calorie.... also you can never go wrong with lettuce wrapping your cooked eggrolls and adding some peanut sauce made with low cal pb...

Is it sad I had to google bok choy?
  • forty3fab
    forty3fab Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    You can bake your homemade egg rolls as well and they still come out nice and crispy! I love them that way!
  • sandralina
    sandralina Posts: 126 Member
    Options

How dare you.

:)
  • PirateJenny
    PirateJenny Posts: 233
    Options
    I'd make a cucumber salad (you can keep with the theme and use rice wine vinegar, ginger, scallions etc.), steamed veggies and some brown rice.

Or make a light rice noodle or bean thread dish. Rice noodles, cabbage, carrots, scallions, red bell pepper, bean sprouts, snap peas, rice vine vinegar, light soy sauce, tiny bit of sesame oil, small amount of sweetener (whatever you feel comfortable using, even orange juice works), ginger, garlic, red chili flake (if you want). You can add shrimp, skinless chicken or tofu for protein, too!

Bother are easy and light and use similar ingredients.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    miso soup
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options

So did I! LOL