Net Calories

Options
Im not sure if this is the right place to post this so I apologize in advance if not. ☺
I have MFP profile set at sedentary and I add in my exercise and eat back my exercise calories to NET around 1200 calories a day. When I go to my nutrition tab it always shows I'm over my weekly goal obviously because my goal is 1200 calories and it only shows the calories I take in over the week. Is there a way to find out how many exercise calories I logged over the week so I can use that to determine what I'm actually netting?

Replies

• lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Are you using the phone app? Mine shows net calories, so I'm not sure what you mean. Can you screenshot and post it here? On the website when you go to 'reports' you can switch views between gross and net calories.
  • MsSweetLime
    MsSweetLime Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If you click on the exercise tab, utilize the cardiovascular part of the page to log in the calories you burned during exercise (regardless of what kind of training you did). The exercise calories logged should automatically adjust your net calories and show you how much you have left to eat without having to do it manually. This way, MFP knows that you exercised and ate accordingly to the deficit your exercise created. Hope this helps!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    Options
    If you go to Reports, you can select Net Calories from the drop-down box.
  • ChicaFirme
    ChicaFirme Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. Maybe it's just my app. I have an android and it doesn't show my net Calories including exercise. I eat about 1500-1600 calories per day. I exercise daily and burn 300-500 doing exercise so on a daily basis I usually achieve my goal. But my nutrition tab shows that I am over by 2500 calories for the week so it's just taking my diet into consideration and not my exercise.
  • msudaisy28
    msudaisy28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I have the iphone app and it has a little box at the top of the chart to choose total calories or net calories.
  • ChicaFirme
    ChicaFirme Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've been playing around with it and it looks like it's just the week view that's screwy and won't show my exercise. Each separate day has my calorie goal adusted to include my exercise. But the week view just show's 1200 as my goal and the averge number of calories consumed per day. I was hoping to see a view of my total output vs my total intake over the course of a 7 day period.