Tall girl build a booty success stories?

Options
Hello all my amazon women, I am currently cutting for an NPC show in a month but after the show I want to start bulking and start focusing on building a booty. I've noticed it's REALLLLY HARD for me and many other tall girls to build a booty. Please share your pics/story! I can't wait to start this journey.
I'm 5'11 btw

Replies

• vinerie
    vinerie Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I am 6-1. I wish I could share my booty with you! (It's where I carry all my weight). I've just started doing squats and lunges (I'm a couple months into it) after years of buying into the myth that they will make my booty get even bigger. I'm actually seeing results, which is kind of mind blowing for me. So here's to changing our booties, whatever that change may be!
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Hey, a relitivly tiny 5'8" here with NAS (No *kitten* Syndrome)

I've noticed that it's building up with squats and lunges now! I think if that's where you carry fat the muscle buildup helps make things tighter (and slimmer!) but if you don't carry weight there (it's all in my gut!) the muscle does pop out nicely. I'll never have a good jiggly bum but I've got a nice Greek statue thing going on!
  • TasnimEz
    TasnimEz Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I'm 180 cm tall and I have the same problem. Also, I can't do squats, lunges etc, so I needed to find another way. Pilates helps a lot and I've also been doing this workout lately: https://youtu.be/nUDqNuLsi8c
    It's really awesome. It may look easy, but it leaves me sore for days.
    I've only been doing pilates since november/december last year so only now transitioning into intermediate/advanced but already a big difference.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    TasnimEz wrote: »
    I'm 180 cm tall and I have the same problem. Also, I can't do squats, lunges etc, so I needed to find another way. Pilates helps a lot and I've also been doing this workout lately: https://youtu.be/nUDqNuLsi8c
    It's really awesome. It may look easy, but it leaves me sore for days.
    I've only been doing pilates since november/december last year so only now transitioning into intermediate/advanced but already a big difference.

I don't doubt the workout, but it made me giggle cause ballerinas aren't exactly known for their booty!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    OP, you look great. Have you run Strong Curves yet?
  • ihatetodietalways
    ihatetodietalways Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Kettle balls
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I don't have much of a booty, but it is better than it used to be. Squats and lunges. I am not doing weighted hip thrusters, not sure if it will build the booty or not, but I am hoping.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    lift heavy weights yo
  • arditarose
    Options
    Can I just ask why it's harder for taller women to gain a booty? I have never heard that.
  • TasnimEz
    TasnimEz Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I don't doubt the workout, but it made me giggle cause ballerinas aren't exactly known for their booty!

I don't know much about ballet but I don't think this falls into that category.. :P Those of us who can't do squats etc have to make do with other ways.. :)

• mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'1, and I've always had one... no need to build, so can't give you tips =S I hear lifting heavy helps though ;)
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I don't think its harder for tall women to gain a booty. A lot of it is genetics unfortunately. One guy who knows is stuff though is Bret Contreras. He trains women for competition. Check out this glute archives: http://bretcontreras.com/category/glute-training/ there are a bunch of articles there. Or go straight for the training: http://bretcontreras.com/how-to-design-an-optimal-glute-training-program/
  • sincerelyjaneelizabeth
    Options
    I've always been pretty pear shaped, but when it comes to a feminine bum I think there's never too much of a good thing! For a short time I would to do hundreds of squats a day(like those "challenges" on pinterest), but I wouldn't even be sore after. It felt pointless without adding something extra (doing a balancing squat on one foot, jump squats, adding weights, etc). I do the elliptical at a level 14 for 60+ minutes 3 times a week, and my already feminine hips have gotten some tangible extra curves from added muscle! It felt really glad good when my fiance noticed it this morning!
  • vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I'm nearly 6'2" and have suffered from Pancake Bum my entire life - it seems to be related to my build (which I previously thought was heavy, but since shifting some of the fat that has been on me my whole life, I'm beginning to suspect I'm actually a string bean with no muscle like my dad!). Let me know how you go, and good luck building your booty :)
  • arditarose
    Options
    Considering this OP has competed in bikini competitions, I assume she knows she is not going to build a butt with leg lifts and the elliptical on an incline.
  • choward977
    choward977 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Can I just ask why it's harder for taller women to gain a booty? I have never heard that.

I think it's harder because we have to gain more to obtain the same shape. My waist is a 29 and my hips are 40 inches. Small but perky shapely butt since I started lifting. I have a nice small curve at the waist. I'm 5'10.5. Kim Kardashian had a 27 inch waist and 40 inch hips at one point. She's 5'4. Her curves appear much more drastic because the angle is sharper (smaller) on a short person vs tall. My curve is a slow and steady body shape change while hers is BAM! I'll have to put in more work to gain more muscle in order to have a more drastic curve at the hip. I'm also a size 8 and very thin, but people think I'm a 4 because of my height. Same reason.
  • mazcor536
    mazcor536 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have no booty! I’m straight as a rod side on (I don’t have much in the boob department either). Once I’ve lost the last 20-30lbs I’ll be most likely be of “athletic build”. That suits me fine, but I’ll look at these suggestions to see about building just a little something there otherwise my trousers will be baggy in the rear. :smiley:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!