What is the best forms of exercise to work off a beer belly?

Options
badge83
badge83 Posts: 23 Member
I have an bike trainer, boxing bag, weights and pull-up bar. but am still trying to find the ideal form of exercise to get rid of the christmas gut. Any tips?

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    eat at a calorie defecit
  • badge83
    Options
    Thank you.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Seriously though

You can't out-exercise a bad diet

It's 90% what you put in your mouth and 10% exercise .. the exercise is for health, cardiovascular fitness and musculature but the diet is for body fat

• saramatthews919
    saramatthews919 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    High intensity training
  • badge83
    Options
    I've cut out most things sugar, cakes, fast food. Having more salad a fish dinners and less alcohol. Starting a healthy food schedule for every week, but I do slip now and then and have a cheeky ice cream. Especially in this weather.
  • joepratt503
    joepratt503 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Straight up...if you are serious, no alcohol.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    pint put downs and bar stool push-aways...
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    badge83 wrote: »
    I've cut out most things sugar, cakes, fast food. Having more salad a fish dinners and less alcohol. Starting a healthy food schedule for every week, but I do slip now and then and have a cheeky ice cream. Especially in this weather.

You don't have to cut out all of that, you have to account for it when you eat it. You can have sugar, cake, fast food and ice cream with no guilt if you make it fit your calorie goal. Having a calorie deficit is the only way to lose fat and you can't spot reduce fat on any area of your body.
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Whatever cardio that you can do lots of at a reasonable intensity will work

Find the food mix that makes you feel full. For some it is high vegetable low carb, others it is more grains. Find it and stick to it.

Whatever you can stay full feeling on but not eat too many calories is gonna work unless you have some underlying health issue.

You can't out exercise your fork...

So true.
  • badge83
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your advice. I will post my results and hopefully in a month or two i will have a balanced food and exercise programme that works.