Cutting sugar - would love some pals! :)

Options
givenchyfit
givenchyfit Posts: 6 Member
edited June 2015 in Motivation and Support
Hi! I'm trying to cut back on sugar. I watched the movie "Fed Up" this weekend and it blew me away! Sugar has helped make me overweight for sure. What's been your experience with making cuts in sugar? Apparently the RDA for females is 30g or 6 tsp (and 45g or 9 tsp for men) - I was eating a lot more than this and have steadily cut back. Its not just calories and exercise! I'm going to try to make an effort to cut down to 30g. Current avg intake is probably 60g for me. If anyone wants support on your journey I'd love to make new pals too! We can do it together :) 34/f/goal is to lose 50+ lbs.

Replies

• charleykayesmom
    charleykayesmom Posts: 92 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Clean eating is where it's at! And alot of that is cutting the sugar! You are taking the right steps! Baby steps are necessary to keep your sanity :) My experience is a loss of 29 lbs since Jan 1 and a whole boatload of confidence and self love has been gained! I eat clean and healthy by following a nutrition bootcamp! No matter how you do it though, cutting anything processed is going to take you a LONG way! It is hard at first but couple weeks of cutting that sugar and processed foods and you quit craving the sugar and junk...you start craving healthy stuff!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    I've just started my weight loss journey and part of it was I cut out a large chunk of sugar and grains, all dairy. I found MFP on day 4 which really helped cause by my day 7 I was really craving everything. though I think the worst is over and now we take it day by day. My goal is to lose a total of 40 but I'm starting with 28. good luck feel free to add me to your list of friends.