iPhone tracking exercise/steps

Options
i am doing Couch to 5 k and iPhone is tracking steps. I see this bringing excersize calories into My Fitness Pal. Is this accurate as is or is there more for me to do?

Replies

• discretekim
    discretekim Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Well if your phone is always on you it should be pretty accurate. I know mine is far off though. Also if you enter an exercise it will exclude steps from that time period.
  • FabianRodriguez94
    FabianRodriguez94 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    The C25K calorie tracker is not that accurate, it claimed I was burning very little some days and then a lot more on others when I ran the same distance at the same pace. Look into buying a HRM. If not a HRM, the app "Runkeeper" is one of my favorite apps for logging my runs, and its calorie tracking is not too far off from my HRM. Using this app alongside C25K is a really good combination :)
  • adelearlitt
    adelearlitt Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How do you use the two apps together? Can they run at the
    Same time?
  • Cronniss
    Cronniss Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    dmz140 wrote: »
    i am doing Couch to 5 k and iPhone is tracking steps. I see this bringing excersize calories into My Fitness Pal. Is this accurate as is or is there more for me to do?

If you have your phone on you all the time it will be relatively accurate. Especially if you have a newer phone.

I was using my iPhone 6 for a while, but it could track the exercise that I was doing, only the steps I was taking. I eventually picked up the Polar A300. You may want to consider getting an actually fitness tracker. There are many different ones out there, so if you decide to go that route you need to figure out what you want it to do for you. That will determine which tracker will be best suited for you if you decide to get one.
  • dmz140
    dmz140 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Awesome thanks!