90 Liquids/Fruits/Veggies Starting tomorrow

Options
I will need all the support I can get. Anyone interested in joining me or just support, please send me a friend request. ;)

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    tell me more
  • reeserox
    reeserox Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    yea i'm curious too
  • arditarose
    Options
    what 90 liquids are you going to consume?!
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    O_o
  • jess_diarte
    jess_diarte Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I was never able to just "juice". So, I tried juicing, plus protein shakes, fruits veggies, yogurt, (pudding once a week as a desert if needed). But that was pretty much it.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    What is is?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Why?
  • jess_diarte
    Options
    I was criticized by many and was told I would gain it back once I was done. However, the first 10 days were hell after that my skin changed, I got rid of my blood pressure and I was able to keep it off.... I just had my 2nd baby and let myself which is why I'm challenging myself again. My blood pressure is back up due to my weight.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    If you are saying you are needing support because you'll struggle to do it for 90 days it's a bad plan. You will also not get much protein with that method, so you'll probably lose some muscle along with the fat. This means you'll either start yo-yo dieting or you'll get to your goal weight and you won't be happy with how you look.
  • arditarose
    Options
    I'm confused
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    I think...maybe...she means 90 days of nothing but juice, vegetables and fruit.

OP...that type of diet is not for me...I would fall over after about 2 days.

Where do you plan on getting any protein?

I wish you well though.
  • jess_diarte
    Options
    Yes, 90 days of juicing, plus protein shakes, fruits, veggies, yogurt, etc.
  • usmcmp
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I'm confused

She tried juicing and failed. She survived juicing along with eating fruits and vegetables plus she had pudding. She is a crash/yo-yo dieter who doesn't realize she's destroying her muscles and making it harder for her to keep the weight off with each crash diet she does.
  • usmcmp
    Options
    Yes, 90 days of juicing, plus protein shakes, fruits, veggies, yogurt, etc.

Why not eat things that contain protein, skip the juicing and just eat foods? You don't have to go on an almost liquid diet or suffer to lose weight.
  • arditarose
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    I'm confused

She tried juicing and failed. She survived juicing along with eating fruits and vegetables plus she had pudding. She is a crash/yo-yo dieter who doesn't realize she's destroying her muscles and making it harder for her to keep the weight off with each crash diet she does.

Right, that's what I was getting.

OP, why do you want to do this again? Why not eat the foods with us?! There are a ton of smart and friendly people on here who can support you.
  • usmcmp
    Options
    I'm confused

OP, why do you want to do this again? Why not eat the foods with us?! There are a ton of smart and friendly people on here who can support you.

I bet if she posted that she wasn't sure how to get started and needed help setting up a reasonable way of eating there would be tons of people jumping in to help and support her.
  • arditarose
    Options
    I'm confused

I bet if she posted that she wasn't sure how to get started and needed help setting up a reasonable way of eating there would be tons of people jumping in to help and support her.

Yep!
  • jess_diarte
    Options
    I never "failed" at juicing. I did this before for 27 days and completely got rid of my blood pressure, never felt better. I continued to lose weight after that and kept it off for about a year and a half. I was still working out. The reason why I'm doing it now is because when I got pregnant with my 2nd baby, I got too comfortable and ended up gaining more weight than expected. I decided I'm going for 90 days this time. What works for me may not work for you, to each their own.
    Oh and I would have a pudding once in a while if I REALLY wanted something sweet, not every day. Lol

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    protein? dietary fat? these things come to mind as being very essential to proper nutrition. veggies and fruit are awesome and chalk full of micro-nutrients...but there's more to proper nutrition than just veggies and fruit.
  • usmcmp
    Options
    I never "failed" at juicing. I did this before for 27 days and completely got rid of my blood pressure, never felt better. I continued to lose weight after that and kept it off for about a year and a half. I was still working out. The reason why I'm doing it now is because when I got pregnant with my 2nd baby, I got too comfortable and ended up gaining more weight than expected. I decided I'm going for 90 days this time. What works for me may not work for you, to each their own.
    Oh and I would have a pudding once in a while if I REALLY wanted something sweet, not every day. Lol

I could fit pudding in every day. Or chocolate. Or ice cream. I still lose weight doing that and without feeling like I have to resort to juicing. Juicing is taking perfectly good fruits and vegetables, squeezing the sugar and vitamins out, the throwing away the fiber (which increase the glycemic index of the fruits and vegetables, so your blood sugar spikes higher than if you just ate them).