What's YOUR favorite summer food?

Options

Replies

• TheSunshineQueen
    TheSunshineQueen Posts: 276 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    CHERRIES. I buy them by the bulk. I mean, I love all fruits (especially in the summer because they always seem so much more appealing then) but cherries are my absolute favorite.

And peaches! And nectarines! And mango! And watermelon! And grapes!

I also love grilled peaches.

And grilled shish kebabs with either chicken or beef chuck with lots of veggies. Mmm!
  • Bizurke51
    Bizurke51 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Ice cream, everyone else is lying haha
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Fresh locally grown tomatoes, and bulk lettuce. I love my states Sunday "Farmers Market"!
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Ever had a grilled beer brat, blackened and blistering hot, with a side of fresh picked corn, dipped in melted butter, and an ice cold beer with water drops still on the bottle? It is summer nirvana.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Peaches and apricots. And ice cream (but that's an all year food).
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Fresh figs, cherries, watermelon, peaches, grapes... I love fruit. And ice cream. And cold beer, lots of cold beer.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I just picked 5 HUGE leaves of fresh spinach, chopped them up with a zucchini and saute'd them (haha I say them), with spices some gornay cheese, some hunks of tomatoes on the side with some HUGE @$$ strawberries cut up.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I ate like 900 grams of watermelon the other weekend. Some of it was mixed with vodka. I don't want any more for the rest of the summer.
  • Annr
    Options
    @arditarose Um drunken fruit, not always a great idea...at the time its EPIC! Glad you survived though.:-)
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    mint-julep-su-682571-x.jpg?itok=fOJWY5If
  • 32sami
    32sami Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    pineapple, watermelon
  • arditarose
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    @arditarose Um drunken fruit, not always a great idea...at the time its EPIC! Glad you survived though.:-)

haha I was fine with the alcohol. It was the watermelon that was a bit much. It was the first time I had eaten fruit in months and months too.
  • Annr
    Options
    Ooooh.....overdosed on watermelon flavor....understandable! Im like that with spinach. I go thru a bag every week...and now since I am growing it in my garden I am on this *spinach high*...and my teeth feel irony funny. HA HA!
  • AshelieGovea
    AshelieGovea Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Pineapples or a Caprese salad. You really can't go wrong with tomatoes and mozzarella! Yum!
  • Annr
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    mint-julep-su-682571-x.jpg?itok=fOJWY5If

oooooh describe this....I need to know Mr!
  • arditarose
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    Ooooh.....overdosed on watermelon flavor....understandable! Im like that with spinach. I go thru a bag every week...and now since I am growing it in my garden I am on this *spinach high*...and my teeth feel irony funny. HA HA!

I usually eat spinach like crazy for a week then have to take a break too.
  • Annr
    Options
    Chezzie84 wrote: »
    I love a nice toasted ciabatta bread with sliced mozzerella, sliced tomato and a dollop of basil pesto. So tasty and refreshing on a hot summer day.

anyone that types dollop is amazing in my book! I have taken ciabatta bread, sliced long ways, paint with olive oil and put in oven until a light crust, light cream cheese spread over it, then take smoked salmon and lay on top. Top with shaved parmesan cheese and in oven until cheese melts. Slice it and mmm heaven!
  • mccarol1956
    mccarol1956 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Fresh blueberries, watermelon, strawberries, peaches, watermelon, grapes, apples, mango, watermelon, corn on the cob no butter salt or pepper, plums, salads (chicken, taco, crab, cobb, etc), home made fajitas with chicken or shrimp, shishkabobs, and watermelon. The list can go on and on and on!