3000+ Calories a day - Eating plan

Options
Struggling for ideas to eat 3000+ Calories a day to clean "ish" Bulk, please advise?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter
  • deficator
    deficator Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Avocado, Wholewheat Pasta, Eggs, Peanut Butter, Granola, Nuts, 90% Dark Chocolate, Steak and so on.
  • ColeSingh
    ColeSingh Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    Almonds. A cup of those will give you around or over a thousand calories and some protein and fiber too. I ate plain roasted ones in my last bulk.
  • jwagner0930
    jwagner0930 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I drink 2 thousand calorie shakes a day to fill the gaps.
  • KristenMarie1181
    KristenMarie1181 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    why eat so many calories to bulk up and what you mean by bulk? please explain :)
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    ice cream

a dozen eggs

steak

peanut butter, peanuts, almonds

more protein shakes

rice, pasta, bread

a Whopper

two Whoppers

edit: sub gelato for ice cream for "clean" bulk. keep the Whoppers tho
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    One suggestion would be to make a big batch of chicken curry, chilli con carne or spaghetti bolognaise, load it up with a load of veg, lentils, chick peas and have it with either rice, potato, pasta or spaghetti with a glass or two of full fat milk and that should net between 1,000 - 1,150 calories for one meal.
  • jdscrubs32
    Options
    For breakfast, go with 3 scoops of porridge, 4 scoops of full fat milk, banana or whatever fruit you want, a scoop of flaxseed or millseed or sunflower or if you can get all 3, do, a tablespoon of jam. Should get you nearly 1,000 calories.
    For the rest of the day, as @nakedraygun said, almonds are great as are cashews.
    If you are struggling with eating that much food, drink some of the calories like a shake.
    A suggestion would be to pre-log the day as much as you can so you know what you are eating, when and how much.
    I'm on a 1,000 more than you and I more or less do it this way.
  • DedRepublic
    DedRepublic Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Eat six meals per day...400'ish calories per meal slamming carbs after weight training...so that one get's 600-800
  • s_dot_carter
    s_dot_carter Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    1,000 calorie shake will do it. Two of those ans food you will hit over 3,000 plus cals. I make my shakes, one scoop of weight gainer, milk, cup of blackberries, 2 tbsp of peanut butter, 1/2 cup of raw oats
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and Ice cream. A "clean" bulk has 0 to do with the food you eat and all to do with the amount of surplus.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    lol eat one "average" fast food meal and you're at 1k-1.5k calories already amirite
  • jdscrubs32
    Options
    1,000 calorie shake will do it. Two of those ans food you will hit over 3,000 plus cals. I make my shakes, one scoop of weight gainer, milk, cup of blackberries, 2 tbsp of peanut butter, 1/2 cup of raw oats

I've tried putting in raw oats into the shake but it never tastes right.
  • jdscrubs32
    Options
    draznyth wrote: »
    lol eat one "average" fast food meal and you're at 1k-1.5k calories already amirite

That would depend on the fast food place in question. McDonalds no. Burger King, yes, especially their double bacon cheeseburger.
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Just eat a third of what this guy eats and you'll be fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f7DvyBwgPo
  • nerr7
    nerr7 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    HAHAHA @Mycophilla- that video is hilarious.. "when it starts to hurt, embrace it.. and keep eating.. I'm gonna take my apple to go."
    What a boss.