Who is using a heart rate monitor?

Options

Replies

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar FT4, I would be lost without it!
    +1
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT!!!
  • jenniferg83
    jenniferg83 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I had the sportline from walmart, didnt like it at all. wasnt accurate and would always stop detecting a HRE. I LOVE my timex roadtrainer with chest belt. love love love it. highly reccomend it
  • jenniferg83
    jenniferg83 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I had the sportline from walmart, didnt like it at all. wasnt accurate and would always stop detecting a HRE. I LOVE my timex roadtrainer with chest belt. love love love it. highly reccomend it
  • tabbiekat25
    tabbiekat25 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Believe whichever has all of your personal information in it - probably the watch vs. the machine.
    A calorie burn should include your max heart rate, age, weight, etc, stuff that the machines don't know.
  • whouwannab
    whouwannab Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I have a Mio Pink and I liked it at first but now not so much. It is just Ok. You have to press your fingers to the watch for a HR reading and sometimes it wont take it. Very frustrating when running. So I would not recommend it.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I keep hearing raves about the Polars, and now I want one. FT4... FT7... what's the difference? (I guess I could google it, eh?)

Honestly, not much besides the price. FT7 holds more training files then the FT4 and you can transfer the data to your computer with the FT7. Also the FT4 only has 2 colors while the FT7 has 4 colors. Other then that, its pretty much the same model.

Also, the FT4 could have "Cross talk" with other HRM if you work out in a gym setting - especially group exercise classes. The F6 and the F7 are virtually the same except the F7 has the new "comfort" strap.

All the reviews I've read say the FT4 is fine as long as you don't go to the gym and use it at home workouts or outside.

Actually the FT4 comes with own code technology that eliminates the cross talk that you mentioned. So it would be perfectly fine in a gym setting.

Yes it's coded. I've had no problems in the gym with my FT4
  • laloushka
    laloushka Posts: 5
    Options
    Believe whichever has all of your personal information in it - probably the watch vs. the machine.
    A calorie burn should include your max heart rate, age, weight, etc, stuff that the machines don't know.
    Well, my heart monitor has only my weight on it while on the machine i can insert my age as well as my weight. Both areas i can't insert my sex!!

* my watch has the heart rate continuously monitored while on the machine i have to jold the handles to get a reading and i dont really know how accurate is the machine heart rate monitor is.
  • teacherkatz
    teacherkatz Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    How do you keep the chest strap in place. It always loosens as I workout and then it slips. Any suggestions?
  • laloushka
    laloushka Posts: 5
    Options
    Teacherkatz, i put mine under the elastic of my sports bra. It holds well!
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    * my watch has the heart rate continuously monitored while on the machine i have to jold the handles to get a reading and i dont really know how accurate is the machine heart rate monitor is.

I used one of those machines at a hotel gym once. It had metal on the handles and it read my heart with those. I wore my Polar FT7 while using it and the readings were identical!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Hi. i seriously need help with this heart rate monitor issue. i just bought a Timex unisex personal heart rate monitor and used it for the first time yesterday. i worked out for 30 minutes on elliptical. the machine read the heart rate signals from my timex but the calories burned displayed on the machine were 200 cals less than what read on my watch. i got so confused and frustrated and am ready to return it. i want someone to tell me if i could trust my watch or i shouldn't. One last things, as i searched around last night for the calories burned formula depending on heart rate, the amount calculated was almost the same as displayed on the watch, which made me even more confused... HELP pllllllzzzzzzz:noway:

I bought this HRM and wound up returning it because of how inaccurate it was. Honestly, if I was you, thats what I would do and then invest in a Polar.. it really is the best out there!
  • angelacasey736
    angelacasey736 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Just made my first investment in my weight loss goal. I have purchased the Polar FT4 since it seems to be a popular item. Anyone who uses this - i would love any advice/suggestions as i anxiously await the arrival of it in the mail! I am almost 4 weeks into my lifestyle change, am down 11lbs and have a long road ahead of me but am dedicated and determined.
  • kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options

This is the one I was thinking of getting. Hesitant to fork out the cash, but I want one. :)
  • strawberry1969
    strawberry1969 Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    i got my hrm today it was only a cheap one but i wasnt happy with it saying id only burned:angry: 125 cals after 40 mins of zumba on the wii
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    Can't recommend Polar enough.

I bought a really cheap HRM that consistently screamed at me because it said my heart rate was 239 (what am I, a hummingbird????!). :angry: So I returned it and my lovely OH bought me a Polar FT4. It's fantastic, can't recommend it enough - if I even go for a short walk down the road at lunchtime I wear it!! Definitely worth the money - they were on offer on Amazon though, if you're in the UK.... might be worth a look :smile:
  • MelsDiet
    MelsDiet Posts: 69
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

After reading through this thread Ive decided to buy a Polar FT6 or 7 (as they seem to be the ones everyone has)

Can anyone please let me know how I tell if its a female one or a male one, or doesn't it make a difference?

• Riotactor10
    Riotactor10 Posts: 37
    Options

+1
  • Susan_Marie67
    Susan_Marie67 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My Polar FT7 should be here tomorrow.. I"m excited. :happy:
  • MelsDiet
    MelsDiet Posts: 69
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

After reading through this thread Ive decided to buy a Polar FT6 or 7 (as they seem to be the ones everyone has)

Can anyone please let me know how I tell if its a female one or a male one, or doesn't it make a difference?

Anyone?