Harry Potter Weight Loss Challenge - Ravenclaw

Options

Replies

• LJSpady
    LJSpady Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Checking in! I tried a new exercise yesterday and I'm so excited about it! I got on the stairmaster machine!!! Those things are so intimidating, but I did it! WEEEE!!!!
    I think Friday I'm gonna try out a spin bike! Oh how exciting!
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    We reached a milestone - Ravenclaw House has lost over 100 pounds!! Great job!! :drinker:
  • minniebee
    minniebee Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    We reached a milestone - Ravenclaw House has lost over 100 pounds!! Great job!! :drinker:
    WOOT! Yeah Ravenclaw!!!
  • Tiffy11011
    Tiffy11011 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I really wanted some candy so I dished out a serving and a half (70 reese's peices) and then slowly ate them over the next hour while watching my evening movie. It was awesome well within my calories for the day and felt like I was "munching" through the whole movie.

Love love love the challenge for shortchanging cravings!
  • Sarahbear83
    Sarahbear83 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I can't see the chart for the weight loss. =(

---Nevermind. Refreshed the page and it showed up.
  • lottee1000
    lottee1000 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Yay, 3rd! And yay, 100lb lost, go us we are awesome!!

Exercise challenge is going to be tough but I like it, will start thinking about what I can do different. As for binging, I haven't done that since starting Mfp, apart from alcohol oops, so might try to ration that this weekend. THIS WILL BE A TOUGH CHALLENGE!!!
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Today's trivia from the main thread:
    HP Post of the Day:

QUOTE OF THE DAY:
    "excuse me ? what d’you mean, a bit of whoever we’re changing into ? i’m drinking nothing with crabbe’s toenails in it – "
    - ron weasley, harry potter and the chamber of secrets

DID YOU KNOW ?
    in the film harry potter and the order of the phoenix, harry's scream at the department of mysteries was cut out because it was too agonizing.

We're still waiting for Slytherin to check in with their weekly stats - but as of right now, Ravenclaw is in the lead for week 3!!
  • Samiwhereareyou
    Samiwhereareyou Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Im so excited the anticipation is killling me!!!!!
  • TwiFan5
    TwiFan5 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Am loving the food challenge for this week, I was craving a Monte Carlo Biscuit today after I found 2 packets in the cupboard this morning, I am so excited to say that I only ate ONE biscuit, I used to eat like 5 or 6 in one go. Am looking so forward to the last Harry Potter and am planning on re reading all the books in preparation, My own special challenge. :D
  • Tiffy11011
    Options
    Craving curbed again last night! Wanted ice cream sooo soo bad so I got skinny cow and ate ONE! It was delicious. :-) I love this challenge.

Also been trying new workouts. I did a new strength training with free weights (never used free weights before) and I did rowing on Monday which I haven't done in *years*
  • Tiffy11011
    Options
    Am loving the food challenge for this week, I was craving a Monte Carlo Biscuit today after I found 2 packets in the cupboard this morning, I am so excited to say that I only ate ONE biscuit, I used to eat like 5 or 6 in one go. Am looking so forward to the last Harry Potter and am planning on re reading all the books in preparation, My own special challenge. :D

I'm rereading the 7th one right now! I'm so excited for the final movie and also really really sad. I don't want it to be over!
  • Tiffy11011
    Options
    Today's trivia from the main thread:
    HP Post of the Day:

QUOTE OF THE DAY:
    "excuse me ? what d’you mean, a bit of whoever we’re changing into ? i’m drinking nothing with crabbe’s toenails in it – "
    - ron weasley, harry potter and the chamber of secrets

DID YOU KNOW ?
    in the film harry potter and the order of the phoenix, harry's scream at the department of mysteries was cut out because it was too agonizing.

We're still waiting for Slytherin to check in with their weekly stats - but as of right now, Ravenclaw is in the lead for week 3!!

Harry's scream in OotP when Sirius dies was agonizing to watch... I just can't imagine what it sounded like. I hate that part Sirius is my favorite book character. :-(

GO RAVENCLAW!!! #1 this week (for the moment at least)
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Trying the whole "new" workout thing- and honestly not liking it. I am a creature of habit so chaning my routine (evenif its pilates instead of kickboxing in the am) kind of throws me for a loop- but I'm doing it!!!! Yesterday tried pilates and today did a beach body aerobic workout that was new- today's wasn't that bad, so maybe there's hope for me yet :wink:
  • azsuzi
    Options
    We came in second again this week:

Slytherin - .70%
    Ravenclaw - .54%
    Hufflepuff - .39%
    Gryffindor - .14%

Looking at the activity in the other houses, we by far have the most active thread. Keep it up!!

Great job everyone! :bigsmile:
  • azsuzi
    Options

I'm rereading the 7th one right now! I'm so excited for the final movie and also really really sad. I don't want it to be over!

I'm going to be really sad when they're over too - it will be like losing a friend.

I'm not going to read the books again until after the last movie. I made the mistake of reading the 5th book right before the movie came out and was so dissappointed that the movie left out so many details. Now that the details are no longer fresh in my memory, I'm ok with the movie. :)
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options

I'm going to be really sad when they're over too - it will be like losing a friend.

I'm not going to read the books again until after the last movie. I made the mistake of reading the 5th book right before the movie came out and was so dissappointed that the movie left out so many details. Now that the details are no longer fresh in my memory, I'm ok with the movie. :)

I so agree...they leave out some terrific details so I am not reading #7 again until after seeing the movie. I am sad to see them end...I agree, it is like losing a friend.

Pam
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options

I so agree...they leave out some terrific details so I am not reading #7 again until after seeing the movie. I am sad to see them end...I agree, it is like losing a friend.

Pam

also rereading #7 right now. so sad to lose such good friends. when the last book came out at least we had the movies to look forward to. :cry:
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    did well with the food challenge today. went to mom's for dinner-family meal with visiting relatives. had my calories calculated beforehand and said no to the home made cookies that she served for dessert. :bigsmile:
  • liz11599
    liz11599 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Today I ran on the treadmill for 5 minutes. I haven't run that long in over 19 years, let alone run at all!! I thought I was going to pass out, but I didn't.

Also, I had a huge craving for reese's PB cups, so I indulged, but not too much. Stayed completely within my calories.

Total house points for today = 2
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Seems like everyone is doing really well this week! I'm not having such a good week though. We're low on money, so I've been eating leftovers or foods left in the pantry since before I started the challenge - some of them not so healthy or wise. Tonight was spaghetti - yummy for sure - but threw me over my calories again.

Exercise hasn't been much better - my energy level has been low and I haven't felt like working out. Wonder if it has to do with my diet this week...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for Sunday's weigh-in!