New and confused

Options
Hey everyone.. so I have tried this before. With small successes. But I really need some advice on my nutrition. I have pcos and it suggested to try something low carb. I really could use some advice on where to start and some motivation. It really just seems so daunting at beginning.

Replies

• AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I'm not familiar with pcos but I know they have groups for it. Go to the groups section of the forums and find a pcos group. They can offer specific help you need. :)
  • jclark0425
    jclark0425 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Hey! Welcome! I have PCOS as well. You will want to keep your carbs low. For me, the key to my weight loss was taking 2000 mg of metformin each day (1000 mg twice a day.) No matter what I did I couldn't lose any weight until I started the metformin but now I'm down almost 140 pounds! I also work out 6 days a week doing circuit training for about an hour each day.
  • jclark0425
    jclark0425 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey! Welcome! I have PCOS as well. You will want to keep your carbs low. For me, the key to my weight loss was taking 2000 mg of metformin each day (1000 mg twice a day.) No matter what I did I couldn't lose any weight until I started the metformin but now I'm down almost 140 pounds! I also work out 6 days a week doing circuit training for about an hour each day.
    That is really great. It really helps me remember there is a light at the end of the tunnel and it is very possible for me to do.