Not enough calories

It says that I'm not eating enough calories, but I can't eat any more at meal times. 1 egg white and turkey bacon fills me up to feeling really uncomfortable.

Replies

• kuriakos_chris
    kuriakos_chris Posts: 48 Member
    Thats because you made your stomach get used to eat very small portions.. Try to add just a little more food every day, your stomach will try to customize and you ll be able to eat bigger portions. Btw how many calories do you eat per day?
  • DanielleLawson2
    DanielleLawson2 Posts: 3 Member
    I was using this diet so that said 800 a day, bit have read not to go lower than 1,200 BC ts unhealthy
  • kuriakos_chris
    kuriakos_chris Posts: 48 Member
    Try adding 100-200 calories per two days.
    Do you eat healthy fats? for me its easy to add calories from there. In case you dont eat you can iclude some
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    It says that I'm not eating enough calories, but I can't eat any more at meal times. 1 egg white and turkey bacon fills me up to feeling really uncomfortable.

interesting yet you have another 18lbs to go plus the 17 already lost...

what is your current stats? height/weight etc...

1200 is the lowest recommended to ensure proper nutrition.
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    I'm really surprised that such a small amount of food can fill you up - are you sure you're not just worried about eating more rather than unable to.

800 a day is very low. I have an eating disorder and get very worried if I'm over 1000 calories - but that doesn't mean I *couldn't* eat more - I'm not often physically hungry because my stomach's used to it but I do feel very weak, tired and empty a lot. I don't see how you can possibly feel genuinely satisfied on 800.
  • greekyogurtandpuppies
    greekyogurtandpuppies Posts: 81 Member
    If you fill up on small amounts, eat foods that are more calorie dense. Peanut butter has about 100 calories per tablespoon depending on brand. 2 tablespoons of on a banana and you've got yourself a 300 calorie meal that won't take up a lot of space in your stomach.