Bulk or cut? Stubborn fat!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    I would put you around 18% to 20% which is pretty lean for a female…

is your current calorie intake for .5 pound per week loss or one pound per week loss…?

honestly, you may want to consider a bulk cut cycle …because when you cut back down your abs will be more visible...

Oh and right now my cals fluctuate so much but I'm set for .5lb lost a week!

I would say tighten up logging and try to hit your .5 pound per week loss number….
  • LiveLoveSwimming
    LiveLoveSwimming Posts: 129 Member
    Options

is your current calorie intake for .5 pound per week loss or one pound per week loss…?

honestly, you may want to consider a bulk cut cycle …because when you cut back down your abs will be more visible...

I would say tighten up logging and try to hit your .5 pound per week loss number….

Yes I do, actually usually under! Haha that's what I mean by fluctuations! And what your stance on cheat days and reducing body fat?
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Agree with ndj1997!

You sound like you're on the right track. You just have to decide which you want to do and what fits your goals better. Cutting will give you a better idea of what you've got to work with so you can focus on certain things during your bulk. And you can always switch to maintenance whenever you like. Only you can pick though.

Decisions decisions, lol. :)
  • LiveLoveSwimming
    Options
    errollm wrote: »
    Agree with ndj1997!

You sound like you're on the right track. You just have to decide which you want to do and what fits your goals better. Cutting will give you a better idea of what you've got to work with so you can focus on certain things during your bulk. And you can always switch to maintenance whenever you like. Only you can pick though.

Decisions decisions, lol. :)

lol I know, haha I want to do it allll.... haha.
    I think thats a really good point you made. I am going to cut so I can see what I have to work with!
  • GainsBruh98
    GainsBruh98 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am at the last 2-3 lbs that I want to lose. My goal is to be able to see my abs finally, but no matter what I do I can't seem to lose the last bit of fat over my abdomen, I would also like more muscle.... But abs are my top priority! Help!

Try running three times a week for a period of 30 minutes to an hour. Your body will naturally start burning fat as a source of energy. This is because your body asumes you are going to be running for a long period of time and stops burning carbs for energy and starts burning fat as it is a long term source of energy
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    If your interested in competing there is a great podcast with lots of information about the latest research. Interesting stuff, and there is an episode where they interview a female competitor (as well as both the hosts being coaches and natural competitors)

http://www.biolayne.com/podcasts/introducing-physique-science-radio/
  • LiveLoveSwimming
    Options
    errollm wrote: »
    If your interested in competing there is a great podcast with lots of information about the latest research. Interesting stuff, and there is an episode where they interview a female competitor (as well as both the hosts being coaches and natural competitors)

http://www.biolayne.com/podcasts/introducing-physique-science-radio/

Thank you, I will watch these!!!
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I am at the last 2-3 lbs that I want to lose. My goal is to be able to see my abs finally, but no matter what I do I can't seem to lose the last bit of fat over my abdomen, I would also like more muscle.... But abs are my top priority! Help!

Try running three times a week for a period of 30 minutes to an hour. Your body will naturally start burning fat as a source of energy. This is because your body asumes you are going to be running for a long period of time and stops burning carbs for energy and starts burning fat as it is a long term source of energy

you have any sources to back that up?
  • ndj1979
    Options

Yes I do, actually usually under! Haha that's what I mean by fluctuations! And what your stance on cheat days and reducing body fat?

what do you mean by "cheat days and reducing fat" Are you asking if cheat days help reduce fat????
  • rgrz82
    rgrz82 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Seems as though your metabolism has adjusted to your caloric intake, slowing down your fat burning process. Incorporate a refeed day into your weekly food plan. Not a "cheat day" stick with calorie dense whole foods, but double up your carb intake for those days. That should kick start your body. You shouldn't need to do it more than twice weekly. Keep up the good work!
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

Errrr....what??
  • LiveLoveSwimming
    Options

what do you mean by "cheat days and reducing fat" Are you asking if cheat days help reduce fat????

Yes, that's what I'm asking!
  • LiveLoveSwimming
    Options
    rgrz82 wrote: »
    Seems as though your metabolism has adjusted to your caloric intake, slowing down your fat burning process. Incorporate a refeed day into your weekly food plan. Not a "cheat day" stick with calorie dense whole foods, but double up your carb intake for those days. That should kick start your body. You shouldn't need to do it more than twice weekly. Keep up the good work!

No junk food at all??
  • ndj1979
    edited June 2015
    Options

Oh ok…

I think this may be a better question for @SideSteel to address. he has some pretty good information on re-feeds and what not..

I think the basic concept of reefed is that it will help restore glycogen, which helps restore gym performance and will also give a boost to metabolism that is suffering affects of long term dieting….

but I would defer to him on this….
  • belinda_73
    belinda_73 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I went on vacation to vegas and walked all day long and ate light, i was surprised how lean i got not exercising every day, just walking.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    looks lean

maintenance imo
  • LiveLoveSwimming
    Options

Oh ok…

I think this may be a better question for @SideSteel to address. he has some pretty good information on re-feeds and what not..

I think the basic concept of reefed is that it will help restore glycogen, which helps restore gym performance and will also give a boost to metabolism that is suffering affects of long term dieting….

but I would defer to him on this….

Ok thanks!!
  • LiveLoveSwimming
    Options
    draznyth wrote: »
    looks lean

maintenance imo

And haha one is flexing the other isn't... I'm really not that lean! Haha