All Fitbit Users Please...

Options
2»

Replies

• nicolen160
    nicolen160 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit ONE and I love it! I tried the flex first but I didn't like wearing it on my wrist and it did not count my steps when pushing a cart or something similar. I love the one because it clips to my pants and I wear it all day without worrying about it, it has never fallen out no matter what I have done, which is what I was worried about when I bought it. It is rubberized so it stays! I love the challenges on there with others makes me want to do better and beat them. There have been a lot of times I would have just went to bed but because I knew I hadn't been very active I would go for a walk. I love the accountability it gives me and feel naked without it!
  • foxlme
    foxlme Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I got a charge with the heart rate monitor about three weeks ago, and I absolutely love it. A few things I've noticed- mine does not track steps when my arm isn't moving, like when I'm pushing my son in the stroller. However, it does notice that my heart rate has gone up, so I still get activity points and my calorie burn increases. I also really liked FINALLY getting a better reading on how many calories my body uses in a day. I just couldn't manage all those TDEE, etc formulas. They gave me anywhere between 1200 and 2600 calories!!! What the heck?! Well, I can finally get a better handle on how active I am, which lets me work back into how many calories I need. In my opinion, having the heart rate monitor was ABSOLUTELY worth the extra cost. I love it!
  • patrickfish7
    patrickfish7 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I have a ONE for several reasons but the main reason I didnt go for a larger, more expensive one is I already ahve a Garmin GPS watch. I find the ONE great - stepcounting and sleep is really all I care about about. It depends what you want out of it. Are you a stat monkey or a stay-healthy type? THAT will dictate what you get.
  • sandjar131
    sandjar131 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have a Charge HR and love it! I actually wore a Polar chest strap HRM and my Fitbit during several Zumba sessions and the Charge was right on with the chest strap HRM, so I'm happy with that aspect of it. I like being able to easily check my steps during the day (and estimated calorie burn) without having to sync with my phone/computer. I also like the alarm feature - I have it set to vibrate every couple of hours to remind myself to get up (desk job) and to wake us up in the morning. Finally, the call notification is nifty - handy to see who is calling when I don't have my phone on me (do I need to run to get it, or can it go to VM :)) (the phone number shows up on the screen).
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I have a flex and a charge. Love them both. Especially that I can now interchange easily! I use my flex for days I'm in or near water and my charge for normal day use. I wish the charge was more water resistant, but we can't have everything!
  • DavidC1857
    DavidC1857 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I've had a One for a few years. I thought about the Flex and decided I didn't want to always have to wear something on my wrist. I also read about problems with it accurately counting steps.

I find the One to be pretty accurate for any step based activity. Any other activity I simply log as an activity on the Fitbit page. I use the timer in the One to get start and stop times and then create an entry. For example, mowing gets you more calories than just walking around. For me, driving counts up steps because of bumpy roads. If I'm driving enough to matter, I'll create a "Driving" activity and it'll remove those phantom steps, etc.

I like it, but you do have to do some work for anything not step related to get very accurate results.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I used to have the One, then upgraded to the Surge in Jan. because I wanted the HRM. Personally, I love to have the best data as is practical.

However, I would get the Charge HR if I had to do it again. The additional $100 for the Surge gets GPS for workouts, music controls, incoming call notification and text messages.
    GPS - I rarely use because it burns the battery too fast.
    Music Controls - Don't work with Android, and I can't use.
    Incoming call notification - Doesn't work with Android (technically it doesn't work, isn't supported), and it actually does work with my Samsung Note 3 but is delayed. I get the notification AFTER I've either answered or ignored the incoming call.
    Text messages - Doesn't technically work with Android, but works with my phone/phablet most of the time. Is also delayed about 30-60 seconds.
    Ultimately, the extra cost for the Surge wasn't worth it because I don't have an iPhone. Still, the primary features - steps, stairs, sleep, HRM work well and I like the data. I've done sporadic testing of the HRM and have never been more than 2 bpm off when manually taking a pulse.

On Sunday, my brother and I were tearing down a shed (as far as we could get anyway). This was a fair amount of steps, but more of the effort was non-step based activity. Heart rate was elevated for about 7 hours of work and the Fitbit gave me 3.6K extra calories for the day. That feels about right since nearly all of it was manual work of prying, pushing, pulling, lifting, and a bit of hand sawing.

ETA: I eat back a lot of my exercise calories, so having more precise calorie output data helps me stay on track better.
  • pjfarm
    pjfarm Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    All I know is I used my One faithfully for 5 months and with good nutrition & constant motivation to move my bod lost weight. Then I stopped wearing it, gained it back. Got back to using it and am back to losing weight. I don't care if it is a gimmick. It has helped me be informed, focused and successful. My hisband has One too and we share our numbers and motivate one another.
  • bethira
    bethira Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I had a Flex but it had a charging issue (just out of warranty, of course) and I switched to the Charge HR. So far it seems very accurate and I love it. The FitBit in general just reminds me to get off my butt. I have an office job and I get focused and literally will not get out of my chair for hours at a time. The only thing I wish they had added to the new models is a vibrate reminder when I've been still too long. There are other brands that do have that. Maybe in the next generation.
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Have worn a One for a few years and loved it. I kept it clipped to my bra as I often wear clothes without pockets. I got a Charge HR for mothers day and I find that it works really well. I am getting a far more accurate picture of calorie expenditure during the day and find the hr feature very useful. I was finding that the wristband for my One would come undone while I was sleeping so I had to hunt it down in the morning. No issues with the Charge, it is comfortable to sleep in and I like that it tracks my sleep without me having to set it as I occasionally forgot with the One. Both are really good units, it just depends what you need it to do.
  • daaaaaanielle
    daaaaaanielle Posts: 114 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    bethira wrote: »
    I had a Flex but it had a charging issue (just out of warranty, of course) and I switched to the Charge HR. So far it seems very accurate and I love it. The FitBit in general just reminds me to get off my butt. I have an office job and I get focused and literally will not get out of my chair for hours at a time. The only thing I wish they had added to the new models is a vibrate reminder when I've been still too long. There are other brands that do have that. Maybe in the next generation.

You can set silent alarms for certain times to prompt you to get up so you can pick times that are practical for you to get up for a wander.

Anyway, on topic:

I have the Charge (not the Charge HR). I think it's great. It really motivates me to move more than I ever have because I feel a bit bad if I get home after work to find I've only achieved 3-4k steps. So now I always go out and walk as far as I can on my lunch break. I go for a wander to the other end of the building on my shorter breaks. I stand up and pace while I'm on calls in work. And I go to the gym far more often than ever because I know my half an hour on the treadmill adds up to tangible calories to eat. I don't bother tracking my weightlifting calories so I eat back virtually all of my Fitbit exercise calories, but even before I started weightlifting, I still lost consistently at the rate I wanted while eating back pretty much all of the Fitbit calories.

I would only recommend it though if you like having data and you feel it will be a genuine motivator. There's no point if you don't really believe it'll help you.
  • breeze_brat
    breeze_brat Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Zip and a My Sync Elite and both show different step counts and burn amounts and not sure which one is more accurate