Protein Help!

Options
Hi Everyone,

I am always over my protein intake any suggestions? Is this a bad thing?

Replies

• sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    Options
    What is your current weight and how many grams are you consuming daily, on average?
  • danielleraeburton2015
    Options
    Protein is great for you. I have 160g of protein a day and I weigh 125lbs. I also workout and lift so my body is using it. A good amount to have a day and if you want to lose weight/fat is to eat as many grams of protein as your body weight. Don't be afraid of protein, its what helps keep your muscles or help build them if you're working out and even helps with fat loss.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    no it's not...MFP is set to the minimum recommended.

As for what you need typically it is 1 gram per lb of LBM or 0.8grams for each lb of weight.

I eat a min of 113 as a lifter and that's plenty with my weight at 149.
    Protein is great for you. I have 160g of protein a day and I weigh 125lbs. I also workout and lift so my body is using it. A good amount to have a day and if you want to lose weight/fat is to eat as many grams of protein as your body weight. Don't be afraid of protein, its what helps keep your muscles or help build them if you're working out and even helps with fat loss.

That is probably overkill for you...as it is 0.8 grams per lb of body weight.