Yell at me or maybe nudge encouragement

Options
im going at this alone and need accountability. I have tried this before and lost the weight. Then stopped, became single, eat bad, sat on the couch and I'm back where I started.

Add me if you like. I also have a Fitbit account https://www.fitbit.com/user/3GPR9T

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    You can find friends in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users

Fitbit challenges are great motivation—and fun!
  • s_y8s
    s_y8s Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!
  • s_y8s
    Options
    You can do it!!
  • Norasgrandpa
    Norasgrandpa Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I think I can
  • s_y8s
    Options
    I think I can

You gotta know you can! You gotta confess it out loud! :)
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I would encourage you to think about your goals but then, more importantly, what are the reasons for your goals. Your "WHYS". I'm guessing you want to live longer and feel better so you can spend more time and do more things with your granddaughter- but whatever it is, you really need to get in touch with those emotional reasons for doing it. Once you've done this it becomes easier, when you find the motivation flagging, to think about those reasons and hold yourself accountable without having to rely on other people.

Even though people come here every day asking for others to provide them with accountability or motivation, it doesn't work for me to try getting those from others. My motivation and accountability are personal to me-they come from my own unique goals, reasons, and thought processes and I don't believe anyone else can give those to me. I look to others for encouragement and empathy and advice. After all, who doesn't like a high five now and then?
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    AY YO

YO DAWG

YO

JUST DO IT
  • Le_Noir
    Le_Noir Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just do it
  • amd888888
    amd888888 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I need accountability too. I'll check in on you if you check in on me. :smile:
  • Norasgrandpa
    Options
    amd88888 deal
  • DeeBerning
    DeeBerning Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I've done this before and MFP is always a major part of my journey. The last time I was using this site I lost 45 pounds. Yeah me! But then life happened and I let stress and depression win the battle. I put 30 of those pounds back on and I am NOT happy and just don't feel good. I'm back at it and more determined than ever.

The stress is not gone and won't be for some time BUT I am NOT letting have the control or power anymore.

I've got a total 80 pounds I'd like to lose from here. If you'd like some support, I will be on here daily. I promise to cheer on your victories and give you support when you need a kick in the behind. All I ask is that you provide the same....

Send me a friend request if interested.... and, good luck on your journey. Let's kick FATS butt!
  • Norasgrandpa
    Options
    Thanks.