PSA: Eat all of your Calories even if it is Late

Options
2»

Replies

• DeniseB0711
    DeniseB0711 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Denise - when you were short on your daily intake goal by 400 calories, did that include exercise calories? I generally leave hundreds of exercise calories on the table.

But ya, if you feel weak from lack of food, eat.
    No. I never eat those back.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Denise - when you were short on your daily intake goal by 400 calories, did that include exercise calories? I generally leave hundreds of exercise calories on the table.

why not? MFP is set up to eat them back....
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    why would I want to eat 400 calories right before bed time????

Because chocolate fudge poptarts?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »

well, I usually go oreo ice cream ...but I do that an hour or so before bedtime ...I just don't want to sleep on a full stomach ...
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

Fine if you're following a cut from TDEE, not fine if you're following MFP
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »

well, I usually go oreo ice cream ...but I do that an hour or so before bedtime ...I just don't want to sleep on a full stomach ...

I did that exact thing last night. Homemade brand (local to greater Cincinnati) cookies and cream with real oreos. And I feel ya. If I eat then lay down it'll be a while before I fall asleep.
  • skiclimbdive
    skiclimbdive Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Nope just eat them over the week

This. So much this.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Two days ago I had a very busy day with little time to eat. I nibbled on things here and there but I never sat down for a meal. It was bout 10PM when I reviewed my calorie intake, and noticed that I was short on my daily intake goal by 400 calories. 0_o. That could explain why I was weak, but I was also tired...so I went to bed instead. I could have eaten a cheese stick, hand ful of almonds, and peice of fruit...but no I went to sleep like a baby.
    Then I woke up.
    Yesterday was HELL!!! I was hungry ALL DAY. That kind of hungry where you want to your arm off. It didn't subside until I ate 4 small chicken legs (should have weighed them to see how much meat I ate..but I didn't).
    That said, PLEASE whatever you do save yourself from self cannibalism and EAT your calories even it is 10PM at night and you just want to go to sleep. Your body will thank you!

Hmmm, I think the only time I was that far under my calorie goal was when I was vomiting so eating more wouldn't have worked out.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    If I have a lowish day then the next day I am famished and eat more...it all evens out :smile:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I do the weekly thing to, around 1200 on most week days, around 2000 on weekends. Keeps me sane.
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Two days ago I had a very busy day with little time to eat. I nibbled on things here and there but I never sat down for a meal. It was bout 10PM when I reviewed my calorie intake, and noticed that I was short on my daily intake goal by 400 calories. 0_o. That could explain why I was weak, but I was also tired...so I went to bed instead. I could have eaten a cheese stick, hand ful of almonds, and peice of fruit...but no I went to sleep like a baby.
    Then I woke up.
    Yesterday was HELL!!! I was hungry ALL DAY. That kind of hungry where you want to your arm off. It didn't subside until I ate 4 small chicken legs (should have weighed them to see how much meat I ate..but I didn't).
    That said, PLEASE whatever you do save yourself from self cannibalism and EAT your calories even it is 10PM at night and you just want to go to sleep. Your body will thank you!

I actually don't have that problem. But if it effects you that bad you should eat all your calories.