Meal replacement bars

Options
btodd304
btodd304 Posts: 105 Member
I currently have some college courses on Monday and Wednesday at noon-5pm. I usually have appointments before my classes so im trying to figure out a good meal replacement bar that tastes good and keeps you full for a couple hours. Thanks in advance

Replies

• Cchioles
    Cchioles Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Quest Bars..
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I like Clif and Luna. I've just bought some Quest bars because they have a higher protein:calorie ratio, but haven't eaten any yet so I don't know how they taste.
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    Options
    Better yet... Homemade Quest bars
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I second Quest bars, I have them for breakfast most work days. 20g protein and high fibre too.
  • prestigio
    prestigio Posts: 181 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Homemade oatmeal, whey and peanut butter bars or homemade quest bars as sixxpoint mentioned.
    You can determine the taste and macro's yourself!
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Quest Bars.
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Another vote for quest bars and, a big bottle of water.
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Pure protein bars are good. I like the caramel nut.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    Going to go with the crowd for Quest bars. Lunesta bars will just make you sleepy.
  • ercaface
    ercaface Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    quest!!! the cookies and cream and s'mores flavors are my fave
  • governatorkp
    governatorkp Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Either Quest Bars.
    Or Oh Yeah! Victory Bars.

Personally I prefer the latter because I like the tastes better,
    they're also glutenfree (in case you're sensitive) and have no artificial flavours or sweeteners.
  • kookykrazee
    kookykrazee Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    If I am really in a time crunch and know it will be hectic, to boot, I get the Clif MAX Protein Bars. I like the cookie dough one and chocolate chip. I also keep a few regular clif bars, though I don't really consider those a meal replacement. The Clif Builder are almost a meal replacement, but have great flavors.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    I usually make a batch of homemade Protein Pumpkin Apple Banana Oatmeal Bars on the weekend for the next week. They keep me full for hours.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Quest, Quest, Quest. Seriously. Tons of fiber and protein to keep you full, and most of the flavors taste like dessert. Cookies and cream is my fave so far, but white chocolate raspberry and coconut cashew are not far behind. I just got a box of mint chocolate chunk that I haven't tried yet. Lemon pie is also amazing. Even the peanut butter and jelly or the other fruity flavors are delicious. Believe it or not, double chocolate chunk is thus far the most boring flavor I've tried.

Also, the Quest bars are usually 200 calories or less. Some are as low as 160.
  • btodd304
    Options
    Awesome thanks everyone for their responses. I will be trying some quest bars first and see what I like.
  • amandawilkins44
    amandawilkins44 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Absolutely love Quest Bars, they are the way to go!!
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    I love Quest bars...don't get me wrong. But at ~200 calories each, I'd hardly call them a meal replacement bar.

Why not just eat a regular lunch around say 11:00?
  • breedlove92
    breedlove92 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Quest bars! I eat them for lunch everyday. Low Carb, High Protein and fibre

Best Flavours:
    Cookies and cream
    Cookie dough
    Double chocolate
    Lemon
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    I love Quest bars...don't get me wrong. But at ~200 calories each, I'd hardly call them a meal replacement bar.

Sometimes there just isn't time or availability of food.

Sometimes I'll hike all day and won't carry a stove, fuel, pot/utensils, and food. Because it is just for the day... so I'll carry this type of food.

Sometimes it is because I'm driving either in a rural area or just don't have time or available calories to eat at the most convenient fast food joint. I know what you are thinking... you don't have 5 min.?! No, sometimes I do not. Things like Clif bars survive in the glove box of a hot car and are quick and easy to grab while going down the road.

ETA: I know you were addressing OP, but wanted to point out there are many reasons why someone would not be able to eat a "regular" meal.
  • btodd304
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »

It takes me about an hour to get to school so it would be just too early to eat before class. Also my teacher does not allow for eating in her classroom so I couldn't even pack a lunch. We get two 10 min breaks from 12-5 so just needing something portable that I can eat right before class or on break.