Under 100 calorie breakfast ideas

Options

Replies

• suzieannfat
    suzieannfat Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm curious about what the OP does for a living? I bring a whole bag of food to work every day, some of which is in handy snack bags and ready to go: 28 grams of walnuts, almonds, or peanuts, baby carrots, a banana, celery and peanut butter, a boiled egg already peeled and halved with a bit of salt.
    I have a bowl of peanuts and almonds and cashews with me now, hah I work in a factory and we're not suppose to eat during production hours but I still do
  • suzieannfat
    Options
    sithiria wrote: »
    Fiber One 90 calorie bars were my 'go to'.
    Don't those get awfully expensive? I'll try it though. thanks

I get the special K 90 calorie bars...they run $3 for 6! Thats gets me through the week for 50 cents each! Love the salted chocolate pretzel ones as an evening snack as well.

I'll get some of them too. I can mix and match! :D
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    If you have an aldi near you, they sell their version of the fiber one bar too. I think it's $2 per box or so.
  • suzieannfat
    Options
    Ahh yes Aldi. Forgot about that store. Awesomesauce. You rock.
  • blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Can make protein shakes or something. Why are you limited to 100 cal though?
  • Wandering_1
    Wandering_1 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I eat the Fiber One Pastry Crisps. They also have the coffee cakes which are quick & yummy. Do you have a fridge at work? Sara Lee 45 calorie whole wheat bread is so good. Two slices are 90 cals so maybe slather a tablespoon of jam. Maybe you can stock up on grapefruit? Are you willing to go over 100 cals. If you can throw in 25 calories you could add a lot of things.
  • Wandering_1
    Wandering_1 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this will work but you can give it a try.

blog.myfitnesspal.com/8-grab-n-go-breakfasts-under-250-calories/
  • suzieannfat
    Options
    Can make protein shakes or something. Why are you limited to 100 cal though?
    I don't like wasting calories in the morning hahah
  • suzieannfat
    Options
    I eat the Fiber One Pastry Crisps. They also have the coffee cakes which are quick & yummy. Do you have a fridge at work? Sara Lee 45 calorie whole wheat bread is so good. Two slices are 90 cals so maybe slather a tablespoon of jam. Maybe you can stock up on grapefruit? Are you willing to go over 100 cals. If you can throw in 25 calories you could add a lot of things.
    Nah 100 calories is good just to stop the growling. Thanks for the idea but I hate grapefruit. I may do the toast thingy but yes definitely trying the fiber ones tomorrow!!
  • pili90
    pili90 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    You could try to have a juice, yogurt, milk with chia seeds, they"grow" with water and you feel less hungry.... One tablespoon or two can duplicate overnight =) Look them up, they may get a bit pricey, but they are worth it and they last a lot...
  • MaddyT122
    MaddyT122 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I have a cup of coffee as soon as I get to work, half cup of cottage cheese at 8 am (120 calories) and some carrots for 10 am snack. That's more than 100 calories but it gets me through till lunch time.
  • showmanmd
    showmanmd Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Half an orange (I use navel) 5 strawberries. Throw in a baggie and put in freezer night before. When your ready for breakfast throw it in the blender with 1/2 cup of cold water and a dash of stevia. Only takes about 30 seconds and you have a delicious low cal smoothie that tastes as good as a high calorie one. Fills you up too.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Drink coffee and then eat later
  • Silverstar721
    Silverstar721 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I like Kashi Go Lean it offers 13g of Fiber, first thing in the morning. You can buy Chia Seeds at Nuts.com.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    -String cheese stick (weight watchers has regular and jalapeno versions for 50 cals each) and a small cutie's clementine
    -Protein shake blended (you can either blend one scoop of protein powder, which is usually 100 calories, with water; or you could blend half a scoop of protein powder with half a cup of unsweetened soy milk which would be around 100 calories, maybe a little over or under depending on the brand of soy milk - mine is 80 calories per cup and I use silk's organic unsweetened)
    -Small serving of dry cereal
    -Laughing cow cheese wedge (any flavor - 35 calories) and a slice of whole grain bread that is 65 calories or less; I've seen some which are only 45 calories!

That's pretty much everything I can think of that hasn't already been covered. If you decide to do yogurt then I recommend Dannon's Light & Fit Greek Yogurt, they have a ton of good flavors for only 80 calories each! That leaves you with 20 calories for either a small lollipop or breath mint if you'd like; or some powdered peanut butter to mix into it!
  • AlmondDoll
    AlmondDoll Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    sithiria wrote: »
    Fiber One 90 calorie bars were my 'go to'.
    Don't those get awfully expensive? I'll try it though. thanks

I love the Fiber One bars and they help as a nice snack or breakfast, but they are expensive. I look for sales then stock up. Also keep eye out for coupons. Check Walmart and Target for low cost. They do make a great choice.
  • janisvin
    janisvin Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    A banana!
  • rmn1969
    rmn1969 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Strawberries. 10 oz is approximately 100 calories. Raspberries, blueberries. A banana. All provide good bulk to low calorie ratios. Beware that most of these do not contain much, if any, fat. Fat initiates production of hormones and other signifiers that produces the feeling of satiation. It is also needed to digest many of the vitamins provided by fruit.
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Hello! I need some quick under 100 calorie ideas for t breakfast. I usually just grab a baanna or egg but that gets old. I get up at 4:30 am and leave the house by 5:00 am so I need help and ideas please.

Why 100 calories. Why so little.????
    If your looking for a quick breakfast, shoot for a protein bars. there's a lot of good ones out there.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    I'd wait until I was actually hungry and then eat enough so I wasn't.