Meal Plan

Options
I am new on this sight!! could someone tell me is there a meal plan !! i need a meal plan to follow.

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Eat what you normally do, only at a caloric deficit.
  • heathergetshealthier
    heathergetshealthier Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I think that is an oversimplification liftng4lis :).

There are a lot of different approaches you could follow, what I find works well for me is 1) track everything 2) aim to include protein in most of your meals/snacks and 3) focus on veggies (and a lesser degree fruits). I try to keep my carbs to a minimum - this means that I try not to plan meals around bread, pasta, rice, or potatoes. The protein and veg are the focus. This fills you up and keeps you satisfied for longer. But...lots of different approaches out there. Here is what I aim for (don't always succeed!)

Breakfast - protein and a fruit or veg (e.g. protein shake with berries; eggs and some veggies)
    Snack - greek yogurt and fruit, cottage cheese and fruit
    Lunch - sandwich with lean meat, cheese, and veggies, veggie sticks
    Snack - a small serving of nuts and a fruit, or a skim milk latte
    Dinner - a serving of lean protein (chicken, steak, etc.) and lots of veggies, a small serving of carb
    Dessert - small serving of a treat (I try to find low calories options like a greek yogurt bar or popsicle - denial only works for so long!)

Lots of water throughout the day
  • belinda_73
    belinda_73 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    eggs, turkey sausage, veggies. chicken breast, apple, vegetable, nuts. fish, salad, sweet potato. if you exercise, eat another fruit before or after. snacks same as above by heather. I've seen people eat those 100 calorie snack packs all day long to stay under 1200 and it's just not good nutrition. try to eat lean unprocessed meats and include as much veggies as you can, eat two fruits a day.
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Another thing- you will see this many times- weigh everything! Get a food scale and weigh all solids and semi solids (such as peanut butter) and only use measuring cups for liquids. And I agree with the above- eat high protein, high fiber to fill you up but eat what you like. Don't make anything off limits unless there is a medical reason.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I am new on this sight!! could someone tell me is there a meal plan !! i need a meal plan to follow.

You don't need one. Just eat at a deficit.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Eat what you like, just make sure you eat less than you burn a day.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I think that is an oversimplification liftng4lis :).

There are a lot of different approaches you could follow, what I find works well for me is 1) track everything 2) aim to include protein in most of your meals/snacks and 3) focus on veggies (and a lesser degree fruits). I try to keep my carbs to a minimum - this means that I try not to plan meals around bread, pasta, rice, or potatoes. The protein and veg are the focus. This fills you up and keeps you satisfied for longer. But...lots of different approaches out there. Here is what I aim for (don't always succeed!)

Breakfast - protein and a fruit or veg (e.g. protein shake with berries; eggs and some veggies)
    Snack - greek yogurt and fruit, cottage cheese and fruit
    Lunch - sandwich with lean meat, cheese, and veggies, veggie sticks
    Snack - a small serving of nuts and a fruit, or a skim milk latte
    Dinner - a serving of lean protein (chicken, steak, etc.) and lots of veggies, a small serving of carb
    Dessert - small serving of a treat (I try to find low calories options like a greek yogurt bar or popsicle - denial only works for so long!)

Lots of water throughout the day

OP: I would say ignore all of this. Start with the basics (eat according to the calorie allowance you're given) and find out what works for you hunger-wise as you go (ETA this is usually where better nutrition finds its way into your diet). You don't have to dive headfirst into all of these complicated rules and whatnot. I have made some changes to my diet, but overall, it's pretty much the same crap. Just a lot less of it.