Calories in "Real Lemon" juice

Options
Hey all, I make a pitcher of lemonade using 12 oz of "Real Lemon" brand lemon juice. The nutritional information reads 0 calories per teaspoon, but I'm wondering for if anyone knows if there are more calories in a larger amount? Thanks!

Replies

• RiseHigher
    RiseHigher Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Ok, I will use that. I normally drink the whole pitcher of lemonade (38 oz, with 12 oz being the lemon juice). Thanks!
  • RiseHigher
    Options
    GAHHHH that category gives 73 calories for 1.5 cups. But there actually is a Real Lemon Lemon juice in there, and when I put 1.5 servings of 1 cup, it says zero calories!!! GAHHHH!?!?!
  • Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    you will burn more calories just worrying about lemon juice then whats in it calorie wise

Unless you drinking 1 lt of straight lemon juice a day don't stress

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    RiseHigher wrote: »
    Hey all, I make a pitcher of lemonade using 12 oz of "Real Lemon" brand lemon juice. The nutritional information reads 0 calories per teaspoon, but I'm wondering for if anyone knows if there are more calories in a larger amount? Thanks!

On the bottle, or in the database?
  • RiseHigher
    Options
    Sydking, if it really is 73 calories in each pitcher I make, and I drink two of those a day, that is about 150 calories - per day - which I am currently counting as zero. So yes, it would make a difference. 150 calories x 7 would be 1,050 calories per week, or about 10 miles of running. I don't know about anyone else but I don't really want to just "give away" 10 miles of running LOL.

HappyCampr1, thank you - that is what I was looking for. I wasn't sure if "zero" was really "zero" or what the definition was. I see from the USDA database that 1 tsp of bottled lemon juice would in reality be 1 calorie, and from your definition they could claim it was zero. There are 72 teaspoons in 12 ounces so that is where the 73 calories comes from. I am going to count that from now on, and just have one a day. My weight loss had slowed and I think it was from that, and also miscalculating the amount of popcorn I was using. Between 2 of the bottles of lemonade I was making, and the miscalculated popcorn size, that would be around 250 calories a day I was not counting and would explain why my weight loss had slowed from 1 lb a week to 1/2 lb a week.

Missiontofitness - On the bottle and in the database it says Real Lemon Lemon Juice has zero calories. But I believe it's what HappyCampr1 explained - they just claim it is zero for 1 serving (tsp) and multiply that zero to get the 1 cup value, which would still be zero.

Thank you all for the responses! I LOVE lemonade but zero calories must have been too good to be true! BTW if anyone wants the recipe: Fill a 36-38 oz bottle with 3 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar, 12 oz Lemon Juice, Water, Stevia to taste! It's still good but I will add in those calories now!