Take a look at my diary!

Options
if anyone is interested in helping me could you add me and take a look at my food diary.

I've been trying to log more often.

I've been changing my way of eating and walking for 2 weeks and I'm still floating around the same 1 to 2 pounds.

I'm kinda getting discouraged because my fiancé started the same time as me and has already lost 8 pounds. I know it's easier for men...but still.

So if someone could look at my diary and give me tips on what I could change that'll be great. Also, I only drink water even though I dont log it.

Replies

• AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    You're not using a food scale, right? You should start. They're cheap and will make a huge difference.

Beyond that, just hit your calories and get close to your macros and you'll start losing weight.
  • JusPrettyMe
    JusPrettyMe Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    AliceDark wrote: »
    You're not using a food scale, right? You should start. They're cheap and will make a huge difference.

Beyond that, just hit your calories and get close to your macros and you'll start losing weight.

Yes, I'm using a food scale, but I have been focused on keeping my sugar, calories, sodium, and carbs down. I just don't know where I'm going wrong. Should I be walking faster, eating less of something, changing my meals???

I eat pretty much the same things every day
  • gonebeast
    gonebeast Posts: 102 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I think you are doing great. Build muscle with a weight training program. Building muscle will increase your metabolism. Increase your activity levels.
    Perhaps when you are eating salads, reduce the dressings.
    Eat fish, little to no red meat late in the day (I think its fine for breakfast), nuts, you can add avocados. You are eating 1400, don't count the "burned calories by workout" I don't think we have such technology to calculate this, the body likes to adapt.
    Keep trying, don't give up. Trust me, trust me, I know exactly how you feel. I've had worse things happen to me. During a bulk I got cellulite on my obliques (by my ribs) imagine how I felt, putting in so much work. I was training martial arts too so activity wasn't my issue. I was just very unlucky. Its gotten a lot better with hard work. This path will test you. In every way. @JusPrettyMe
  • JusPrettyMe
    Options
    gonebeast wrote: »
    I think you are doing great. Build muscle with a weight training program. Building muscle will increase your metabolism. Increase your activity levels.
    Perhaps when you are eating salads, reduce the dressings.
    Eat fish, little to no red meat late in the day (I think its fine for breakfast), nuts, you can add avocados. You are eating 1400, don't count the "burned calories by workout" I don't think we have such technology to calculate this, the body likes to adapt.
    Keep trying, don't give up. Trust me, trust me, I know exactly how you feel. I've had worse things happen to me. During a bulk I got cellulite on my obliques (by my ribs) imagine how I felt, putting in so much work. I was training martial arts too so activity wasn't my issue. I was just very unlucky. Its gotten a lot better with hard work. This path will test you. In every way. @JusPrettyMe

Thx @gonebeast

Sometimes I forget that the exercise part has been added into the equation and end up eating the amount of calories it says I have left!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I only went back a couple of days - you seem to eat a lot of calorie/carb dense foods - beans, rice, oats, honey, potato. I'd perhaps replace some of those wih more protein and (less carb dense) fresh vegies and fruit.

That said, your macro split means nothing if you're simply eating too many calories.
  • JusPrettyMe
    Options
    I only went back a couple of days - you seem to eat a lot of calorie/carb dense foods - beans, rice, oats, honey, potato. I'd perhaps replace some of those wih more protein and (less carb dense) fresh vegies and fruit.

That said, your macro split means nothing if you're simply eating too many calories.

I knew my food was too tasty to be good. I love sweet potatoes and everything else you named. I just figured if I stayed under the percentages that I would be good. @livingleanlivingclean
  • livingleanlivingclean
    edited June 2015
    Options

I knew my food was too tasty to be good. I love sweet potatoes and everything else you named. I just figured if I stayed under the percentages that I would be good. @livingleanlivingclean

Percentages aren't the best way to gauge your intake. You could eat 3000 calories but eat to a certain percentage split. You'd still get fat if the calorie amount was too much. You can eat what you like under your calorie goal for weight loss, but for health and body composition hitting certain macro targets will be helpful.

..... And plenty of food tastes good. I'd rather eat a huge salad than a piddly bit of rice, but that's just me.
  • JusPrettyMe
    Options
    And I eating too much protein? I usually eat just 4 oz of whatever protein I'm having for lunch and dinner.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options

• gonebeast
    gonebeast Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    @JusPrettyMe
    I would add more healthy fats and lower ur carbs. Virgin olive oil, coconut oil, nuts, avocados, hemp seeds, chia seeds, flax seeds

• JusPrettyMe
    Options
    I'm going to try something new today but I'm just so tired of working so hard and only seeing my scale go UP...it doesn't even stay the same...I'm actually .2 more pounds than when I started. Yes, I initially lost 3 pounds in the first week...but idk what changed. And then seeing my fiancé just disappear in front of my eyes...so discouraging. Why am I depriving myself of chic fil a and cooking so much when nothing seems to work?

So, I'm gonna eat more protein, less calorie dense foods, move more, and try to stay under my calorie goal instead of compensating my calories lost with walking with more food.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    When you add your exercise, you can manually change the calories to 1, which will stop you from eating the calories if that's a problem for you.
    You can do this. It takes time to find that balance.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    if anyone is interested in helping me could you add me and take a look at my food diary.

I've been trying to log more often.

I've been changing my way of eating and walking for 2 weeks and I'm still floating around the same 1 to 2 pounds.

I'm kinda getting discouraged because my fiancé started the same time as me and has already lost 8 pounds. I know it's easier for men...but still.

So if someone could look at my diary and give me tips on what I could change that'll be great. Also, I only drink water even though I dont log it.

You need to have a lot of patience when it comes to weight loss. It isn't linear at all and week or 2 isn't a good barometer of if you're doing something wrong. There will be times your weight will go up (because of water fluctuations, stress, etc), there will be times your weight will be stagnant that's all normal for weight loss. Also, the weight is NOT going to come off as fast as you'd like...

And yeah, if you aren't weighing everything single thing you eat or drink with a food scale, you could be eating way more than you realize.

You can eat whatever you want, as long as you eat less than you burn.

These threads really helped me understand weight loss and the best way to go about it:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177910/most-helpful-posts-general-diet-and-weight-loss-help-must-reads#latest

Also, poke around in the general diet & weight loss help forum, lots of valuable information there.

Good luck
  • JusPrettyMe
    Options
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I don't see the use of the food scale in the diary... i think under estimation of food intake...