The Incredible Power Of Makeup

Replies

• Steam_Powered_Awesome
    Steam_Powered_Awesome Posts: 301 Member
    I wish I knew make-up like that
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    I'm not a fan of a crap ton of makeup, but she certainly makes a good case for it. Bravo. Her makeup makes a huge difference.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    I love makeup but definitely couldn't dedicate myself daily to that amount. I used to wear some (just eye) almost daily and I've become too lazy for even that. Plus keeping it nice in the heat is ridiculous.
  • SherrieTrifle
    SherrieTrifle Posts: 148 Member
    Why, is the point to look like a cat - woman?
  • pechepanda
    pechepanda Posts: 7,939 Member
    make-up does make a big difference but it also involves effort, Im good with just putting on a bit of eyeliner and some lip gloss when i want to look different and that usually makes a pretty big difference anyhow.
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    I like it but if I try to do that I look like a sweaty clown
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Her makeup definitely glams her up and gives her an exotic flair. Very nicely done also.

But I think she's so beautiful without it. Perfect rosy complection, prominent cheekbones, curvy blue eyes, full lips, pleasant round fullness to her face.

I love makeup though. I used to wear it all the time and wear it well. I took all my application tips from Vogue. I mostly go bare faced now unless I'm attending a social function. Plus I'm over 40 and don't want the foundation to settle into the little lines that now frame my eyes. If there's a way of avoiding that, please let me know :blush:

Problem with makeup is when you're cozying up with a romantic interest and your face leaves a smear on his collar. Takes the mystique right out of the whole thing, LOL!

To avoid the foundation thing: take a LOT of time selecting a foundation that perfectly matches your skin. Apply it only where needed, avoid the upper cheek just under and around the eyes. Blend well.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    I love makeup. My entire face - primer, foundation, bronzer, blush, shadow, liner, highlighter, brows, lips takes about 10 minutes. But I spend my days doing makeup so I've got it down to a science.
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    I love make-up too. I rarely take the time to apply it nicely but it's so much fun to make yourself up. I am from a world where you do over the top stage type make up for performances. So much fun to transform yourself into someone or something else.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Her makeup definitely glams her up and gives her an exotic flair. Very nicely done also.

But I think she's so beautiful without it. Perfect rosy complection, prominent cheekbones, curvy blue eyes, full lips, pleasant round fullness to her face.

I love makeup though. I used to wear it all the time and wear it well. I took all my application tips from Vogue. I mostly go bare faced now unless I'm attending a social function. Plus I'm over 40 and don't want the foundation to settle into the little lines that now frame my eyes. If there's a way of avoiding that, please let me know :blush:

Problem with makeup is when you're cozying up with a romantic interest and your face leaves a smear on his collar. Takes the mystique right out of the whole thing, LOL!

To avoid the foundation thing: take a LOT of time selecting a foundation that perfectly matches your skin. Apply it only where needed, avoid the upper cheek just under and around the eyes. Blend well.

EEK under eyes is where most women need it most! Find the right product and you won't see it under the eyes!
  • shoppingmaniac86
    shoppingmaniac86 Posts: 2,067 Member
    I try not to wear a lot of makeup because you don't really want to hide too much of yourself lol
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Part of me wonders how many men would be upset if they saw their new girlfriend only with extreme makeup like this for the first few weeks or month, then saw her without it. Does it feel like getting ripped off? With the right makeup, a lot of people are decidedly better looking...
  • 10inprogress
    10inprogress Posts: 89 Member
    Between makeup sorcery and photoshop we can all disguise our actual appearance!
  • shoppingmaniac86
    Part of me wonders how many men would be upset if they saw their new girlfriend only with extreme makeup like this for the first few weeks or month, then saw her without it. Does it feel like getting ripped off? With the right makeup, a lot of people are decidedly better looking...

What about bedtime you can't wear makeup to sleep! Especially that heavy
  • he280
    he280 Posts: 597 Member

I don't think you need any at all anytime!

• shoppingmaniac86
    he280 wrote: »

I don't think you need any at all anytime!

Awww thank you handsome and I don't wear too much
  • he280
    I could tell!
  • shoppingmaniac86
    makeup before and after lol

kywu90l55yku.jpg
  • he280
    Why bother?