Any Nurses out there!!

Options
As Nurses we work crazy schdules and we eat when we can. if your out there i would love to have your support on this journey.

Replies

• reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I am not, but I think one of my MFPeeps is...her user name is Kelnurse (her name is Kelley, I assume she is a nurse)...She is a P90Xer like me... :)
  • dancer_emt
    dancer_emt Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Im not a nurse but I am an EMT so I totally understand your schedule and having to eat at crazy times
  • Kutty1101
    Kutty1101 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am! I've been a Cardiac RN for 15 years now. I work 12 hour day/night rotating shifts.....and my schedule has always been one of the many obstacles in trying to live healthy. I'll send you a friend request!
  • meg7arni
    meg7arni Posts: 1
    Options
    Me! and on night shift it makes it especially interesting. At some point you will eat whatever will recharge you! :o)
  • deb_rn
    deb_rn Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Nurse here! Fortunately I dont work crazy schedules, but I have done that plenty in my nursing career! Feel free to add me as a friend!:smile:
  • itsmecassieb
    Options
    Not a nurse, but I am an EMT and emergency dispatcher, I work crazy shifts, 2 ten hour days, 2 fourteen hour nights, 4 days off... always rotating.
  • stacimusmax
    stacimusmax Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I am a Critical Care resource nurse. I work 7p-7a 4-5 nights/week. So, I know crazy eating. I changed my food diary to reflect times not meals. Feel free to add me.
  • meganwolsker
    Options
    Me! I sent you a friend request...I work 12 hour night shifts 7p-7a :/
  • Tzavush
    Tzavush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I am a nurse and a mother to five under the age of 10. Schedules are always crazy!
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I'm an ICU nurse and I know the routine... I do 12hrs shifts
    you need to eat your snacks and 3 complete meal a day and carry that water with you.
    Also working out is a must, find time for yourself you are the one who's important
    Also a mom of 2 kids active boys, hectic is my middle name
  • Junebug54
    Junebug54 Posts: 4
    Options
    Sure are! All 12 hour shifts. All those goodies at the desk!! I am an OB Nurse.
  • timeforme23
    timeforme23 Posts: 461
    Options
    MT and nursing student :-)
  • picturesing
    picturesing Posts: 228
    Options
    Pounded the cement for too many years! Now have more of a desk job...I'm a nurse case manager....I work M-F with bankers hours....LOL!! I wish I had great advice for those working 12's or night shifts.....that was a huge contributer of my weight gain over the years. I now plan, plan, plan and plan to plan daily! Good luck to you and everyone in your shoes!!!!:drinker:
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    I am a certified nurses aide if that counts. I work a scheduled 2pm to 10pm shift 3 days a week and everyother weekend. Workin 2nd shift has left me wantin to eat when I get home from work. So usually I try to eat applesauce that late @ night. I don't really have a hard time any other part of the day. Except for when they bring in donuts and other treats that you can find layin around the nurses station that's when I find it extremly hard to avoid.
  • Kelnurse
    Kelnurse Posts: 145
    Options
    I am a nursing assistant too and work nights, 12 hr shifts. I'm so glad to find other crazies on here like myself :laugh: Just kidding!
  • cherrydietcoke1
    Options
    Hi I'm a nurse on a busy elderly ward in the UK, I do 13 hour shifts and 4 nights a month, lose weight when I'm on nights but struggle with the day shifts!
  • peachlow
    peachlow Posts: 91
    Options
    In the game now 19 yrs & yes we tend to sacrifice ourselves while tending for others. I'm also new to MFP.....TNCC/ICU/ER here & our hours are hectic.....
  • peachlow
    peachlow Posts: 91
    Options
    Hi where have you been??....we can't support you if you don't show up...I hope all is well & sending you encouragement to stick to your goals...log in daily....complete your diary irregardless of what you did wrong or right....you have to be honest to yourself!!!!...
  • RayofSunshine73
    RayofSunshine73 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Nurse here, too! Night on a neurology ward - 10 hour shifts, with a three-week rotating schedule. I don't know how you guys can do 12 hour shifts. I'd collapse! I'd love to have some friends out there!
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I'm a NICU RN. Flip between 12hr days and 12hr nights. Makes a normal eating schedule ridiculous. Anyboy who wants to friend me, I'm new here