Would anyone mind...

Options
would anybody mind running a quick eye over my diary and offering any tips or hints on it? It'd be interesting to get a fresh pair of eyes on it.

Last time I calorie counted, the 2stone dropped off. I put about half a stone back on and want to lose another 1.5 stone. It's just going a little slower this time, which I understand is completely and perfectly normal. It's just a little demotivating.

Replies

• leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    hi, ive just had a look and all seems ok, however are you weighing everything? i.e my chicken breast is around 167g, yours is less, just checking. and is that all your eating today, as you cant sustain yourself on 700 cals a day youll need more fuel than that hun
  • robynmoosehead
    robynmoosehead Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    hi, ive just had a look and all seems ok, however are you weighing everything? i.e my chicken breast is around 167g, yours is less, just checking. and is that all your eating today, as you cant sustain yourself on 700 cals a day youll need more fuel than that hun

Stupidly anal about weighing stuff. I think that tiny chicken amount is just a rough estimate of the proportion I'll eat from sharing a whole breast with my boyfriend. I'll weigh it out more accurately later.

Oh god no. It's date night with my boyfriend tonight so there'll probably be way more food, and some wine. Was just trying to give myself a rough estimate for what I could eat for breakfast and lunch.

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    How long have you been at it? It might just be your perception. Everything looks good in terms of you weighing it out. I assume the turkey burgers are a recipe since they seem to be the exception?
  • robynmoosehead
    Options
    How long have you been at it? It might just be your perception. Everything looks good in terms of you weighing it out. I assume the turkey burgers are a recipe since they seem to be the exception?

You're probably right. It's only been a week but the last time I tried, I'd dropped half a stone in this time. I think it's because I feel more determined and committed to it this time, I'm expecting my body to realise I'm serious and play ball.

Yeah, the turkey burgers are a recipe I made. Put the turkey mince and spring onions in a bowl, weighed it and then split into four equal patties so I'm pretty confident that that's correct. They should really have some sort of indicator when an entry is a recipe, and maybe some sort of drop down menu from it so others can see how it was made.

Thanks for taking a look.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options

You're probably right. It's only been a week but the last time I tried, I'd dropped half a stone in this time. I think it's because I feel more determined and committed to it this time, I'm expecting my body to realise I'm serious and play ball.

Yeah, the turkey burgers are a recipe I made. Put the turkey mince and spring onions in a bowl, weighed it and then split into four equal patties so I'm pretty confident that that's correct. They should really have some sort of indicator when an entry is a recipe, and maybe some sort of drop down menu from it so others can see how it was made.

I agree with you on the indicator! I started putting Home Made in the title of all my recipes just so anyone looking at my diary would know they were seeing recipe entries.

If it's just been a week, give it time. The last time, the initial loss you saw was just a great big bunch of water weight.

• robynmoosehead
    Options

I agree with you on the indicator! I started putting Home Made in the title of all my recipes just so anyone looking at my diary would know they were seeing recipe entries.

That's a great shout, I'll be doing that from now on!
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options

If it's just been a week, give it time. The last time, the initial loss you saw was just a great big bunch of water weight.

ha ha me too, im slimming world born, so all my recipes are made from scratch so i put sw burgers or something, that way people know its a recipe ive made myself. looks good hun x