Hey Gun people...c'mere!

Options
Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
So my husband and my father are huge gun enthusiasts. I need some great father's day gifts for them! And no, I have no idea what kinds of guns they have. Any good gifts you could recommend anyway? Thanks!

Replies

• Spnneil06
    Spnneil06 Posts: 18,745 Member
    Options
    Do they hunt? Sporting good store gift card.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Do they reload? That opens up a whole lot of options.
  • LiquidSparkle86
    LiquidSparkle86 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Is if a rifle you're thinking or like a handgun for conceal carry?!?
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Don't forget there could be laws (I'm from Commiefornia) that you can't buy actual firearms for other people. Things like holsters are often dependent on personal preference of how they feel and what goes with what style of gun. Definitely things like gift certificates are good as it allows them to pick. I saw someone mention reloading and if you know they do that, then there's stuff you could get them for that too. Always funny themed gun shirts and items, or perhaps if you know they practice a lot, things like targets to shoot at. Not sure about the laws there but if they target shoot and you can get them some Tannerite, it's a literal blast.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Sig sauer P229!
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    Haha, Sig anything! :) My friend has the 226 Scorpion and is absolutely in love.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Gun targets, ammo, shirts, accessories, etc. Find out which brands they like best and go to the websites. Most have webstores you can buy direct from. A gift cert from Cabelas, Dikks, Bass Pro, or Gander Mountain can't hurt either.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Sig sauer P229!

Yes LOL
    And a S&W 686 .357 Mag
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Tigg_er wrote: »
    Sig sauer P229!

Yes LOL
    And a S&W 686 .357 Mag

Glock 19
  • Ozzzzzzzzzz
    Ozzzzzzzzzz Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    Tigg_er wrote: »
    Sig sauer P229!

Yes LOL
    And a S&W 686 .357 Mag

Glock 19

The G19 is a great all around Pistol. I have a few of them ;)
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    There's a ton of hunting and gun enthusiast magazines out there too. Maybe a subscription to one of those.
  • Ozzzzzzzzzz
    Ozzzzzzzzzz Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    How much are you looking to spend OP?

Electronic ear protection or buy them some range time if they dont belong to a club or have land to shoot at.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Too many variables - head exploding....

Gander/Bass Pro/Cabelas gift card? Or find their favorite local gun store and get a gift card or range time.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Etsy has lots of jewelry made from bullets and casings. Sometimes you can request specific brand stamps if you can glean what their favs are. If you just start showing an interest as a way of getting the info, that'll be icing on the cake for them.
  • Boominati
    Boominati Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    bazooka for the birthday blast!
  • cb2bslim
    cb2bslim Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Ear plugs and Tannerite!
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Tshirts, ear pro, eye pro, a custom holster (those you would need to know the kind of gun...), cool targets...

And yes, anything Sig! Lol
  • rbiss
    rbiss Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I would never buy a gun for someone else unless you already know what they are looking for. Maybe range time or an accessory for a gun they already own like a new scope.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Great ideas! Thanks and yes, they have rifles and handguns. Love the ear protection idea! Thanks!
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Just buy them gift cards to their favorite store/shop. Let them pick what they need