How do you get over it?

While writing my first blog post, one thing concerns me. Well, many things concern me, but I know how to make those changes. What I don't know how to change is this...

One thing that I'm really fearful of is that I've spent so long trying to go unnoticed that the thought of people noticing that I’m losing weight, the thought of people noticing me at all is terrifying. I need to get over this fear or it will crush me.

How do I get over it? How did you get over it? Is it even possible?

Replies

• jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    People already notice you. You aren't invisible! If you are worried about someone saying "wow, you lost weight!", practice this response: "Yes" and move on. Just because someone else wants to start the conversation doesn't mean you have to engage.
  • tomofnj
    tomofnj Posts: 88 Member
    Right, when asked wow.. you lost weight? I say yep, thanks, and quickly change the conversation direction. Its a way to acknowledge them, but politely get you out of your uncomfortable zone.

Eventually the more you dip your toes in that lake, the better the water feels ;)
    GL
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    jaga13 wrote: »
    People already notice you. You aren't invisible! If you are worried about someone saying "wow, you lost weight!", practice this response: "Yes" and move on. Just because someone else wants to start the conversation doesn't mean you have to engage.

^ This. You don't owe anyone an explanation or response. This is for you and no one else. This is for your happiness, no one else's. You don't have to explain what you are or are not eating, (and as you lose weight, people will begin observing this more)
    When people asked me how I did it I would say "counting calories" and they would usually lose interest at this point. I think they wanted me to have a magic pill or something...good luck to you!!
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    I had the same feelings as you. I was self conscious at first because I like to blend in. Honestly I just kind of got over it with time. :)