it's hard when you're addicted to junk food

Options
It's especially hard being a teenager with skinny friends who eat what they want and don't gain weight. I'm not condemning those people, I'm just a bit jealous. But I'm determined to be healthy, even if that means giving up my favorite food- sugary cereals

Replies

• ChickenLittle1121
    ChickenLittle1121 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You don't really have to give them up though! You just have to be a bit more careful when eating them to make sure that they, plus the milk you add, fit into your daily calorie goal!
  • imzosocrazy
    imzosocrazy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Of course I don't have to completely give it up, but for right now I'm just trying to get a jump start and be as healthy as I possible can. Eventually I'll reintroduce some of my favorite foods and be able to treat myself once in a while :)
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    You don't really have to give them up though! You just have to be a bit more careful when eating them to make sure that they, plus the milk you add, fit into your daily calorie goal!

^^ Yup yup

Make sure you use a food scale! It helps to pre log your day to make sure you can fit everything in. I save my treats for the end of the day because knowing I get something awesome at the end of the day keeps me on track all day.
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Of course I don't have to completely give it up, but for right now I'm just trying to get a jump start and be as healthy as I possible can. Eventually I'll reintroduce some of my favorite foods and be able to treat myself once in a while :)

That's a good plan. Make sure you're getting your protein, fat and fiber goals that mfp gives you!
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options

No such thing as a jump start when it comes to health or weight loss. You may as well learn to eat your favorites now, just with portion control so that you can learn moderation with them.

Also- your friends can't eat whatever they want. No one can. Some people have slightly higher metabolic rates, but most of the time people are just more active or eating less at other times. I've lived with the "naturally waif girl" type. I've lived with the lanky teenage boy who can eat pizza and drink cola all day. A lot of people on MyFitnessPal average their calories over the course of a week so that they can enjoy a happy hour with friends, a wedding, a birthday, without breaking the calorie bank.