Lurking for a while but thought I would say hi

Options
Hi MFP!

I've been lurking around the forums for a while now but thought I would poke my head in and introduce myself. My name's Amber, I'm 30 years old, 5'3 and currently 181 pounds, looking to lose about 50 more. I've lost 8 pounds since I started just about a month ago.

I was on Weight Watchers some time ago, lost 30 pounds, then fell off the wagon and gained it all back plus 10 more. While WW is different from MFP, it did teach me about portion control and really examining what I eat instead of just indiscriminately shoveling food in my mouth. :D I bought a digital food scale a few weeks ago and it's made a huge difference in how I approach portioning out my food. Gonna try to keep the weight off for good this time!

Replies

• JenM261
    JenM261 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!
  • beenz75
    beenz75 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 8lbs loss and just keep at what your doing as it's obviously working.

I hadn't even thought about weighing food for portioning until after reading your post. I've had an electric scale boxed away for years so tried it there for dinner and will continue to do so! I'm not sure how long my enthusiasm will last in the time consuming task, but I do like the idea that the calorie count for the day is exact. Already it has made me aware how much a 100g portion is and how large my portions have been getting lately. Many thanks for helping me out with this!
  • starlitwaters
    starlitwaters Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    beenz75 wrote: »
    Congrats on the 8lbs loss and just keep at what your doing as it's obviously working.

I hadn't even thought about weighing food for portioning until after reading your post. I've had an electric scale boxed away for years so tried it there for dinner and will continue to do so! I'm not sure how long my enthusiasm will last in the time consuming task, but I do like the idea that the calorie count for the day is exact. Already it has made me aware how much a 100g portion is and how large my portions have been getting lately. Many thanks for helping me out with this!

Glad I could help! I started weighing my food back when I was on WW. I'm always surprised how much more (usually more, sometimes it's less but not often) the food weighs than the amount listed on the package or what have you.