Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred, anyone tried it?

Options
2»

Replies

• Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I have not done it every day, but nearly! I give myself Sunday off from all additional workouts. It's my rest day before going into a new week. AND the day I am SUPPOSED to be focusing on my college course (which I am currently avoiding because I am browsing MFP)
    So, 30DS Level 1 took me 11 days because I took a day off. Took before pictures the day before I started. Look an after level 1 picture yesterday... noticeable difference.
    Plan on taking an after Level 2 pic and then a final After pic when I have completed Level 3. I will post them all together so there is a good comparison. I am hoping for continued results because I am not unhappy with what I have seen so far ;)
  • lmarcia
    lmarcia Posts: 27
    Options
    This is a great workout DVD. I did it 6 days a week for a month and lost 10 pounds (I was 162 and dropped to 152) by this DVD and eating right.

For someone that questions workout DVD's Jillian doens't have a lot of fluff (much like her TV persona). It's a good workout if you push yourself. I would say that the levers 1,2,3 are great and really take you through the stages of how your body adapts to the workouts in a month's time.

My husband and I just started this DVD back up and combine it with a nightly walk (30 minutes) and it'll keep you burning calories, but not bulking up. I loved P90X, but bulked up like a weight trainer. This keeps you lean and toned!
  • DanceMomCG
    DanceMomCG Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My husband and I just started this DVD back up and combine it with a nightly walk (30 minutes) and it'll keep you burning calories, but not bulking up. I loved P90X, but bulked up like a weight trainer. This keeps you lean and toned!

Thank you saying that. I'm looking to get lean and toned....not bulky.
  • kcalli0429
    kcalli0429 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am on day 3 of the 30 Day Shred. It is totally kicking my butt. You are not suppose to skid any days, do all levels for 10 days. I am actually doing level 1 for 13 days because I started 3 days ago but I didn't weigh in before had. I want to weigh in an measure and "offically" start it today, so that I can monitor my results better. It is very tough especially for a 200+ lb person. The jumping jacks and "jump rope" kill my knees and ankles. When I am down my whole body feels like jello. I follow Anita she is the one for begginers but it frustrates me because none of them break a sweat and I need a towel, I am sweating so bad. But I will not give up. 70 lbs is not going to fall off of me over night and it isn't going to with me sitting on my butt. gotta move and stay motivated to get the weight off and keep it off.
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Do you need any extra equipment or anything to do the shred? Hand weights, resistance bands, etc?
  • tammyr76
    tammyr76 Posts: 174
    Options
    I am into day 4 of the 30 day shred..i'm doing 10 days of each level..it is intense....but it motivates you to keep going...all you need is two hand weights,,i got 3lb weights,,does'nt sound like much but after holding them in the air a few mins it gets heavy,,and if your on a hard floor surface a yoga mat...Good Luck ..
  • bluespring
    bluespring Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I love this dvd! She's a beast!
    I started at the beginning of May...staying in level one until yesterday.
    No surprise....I really suck at level 2.....but I love a good challenge.
    I only follow Anita too...the other one scares me!
    I feel great...and I'm getting stronger. I try to do it every day....and find I actually look forward to it.
    I also use a Rebounder...a mini trampoline.....for jumping jacks, jump rope etc. It's soo much easier. I can't jump around on the floor..my knees and back can't take it.
    Good luck every one!
    :bigsmile:
  • UNDHockeyFan
    Options
    How much space do you need to do this workout? I know with TurboFire you need a bit more room for jumping around....
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Not much. Enough for jumping jacks and push ups ect
  • paper_doll_
    Options
    I have it sitting here waiting to start.. but with my seriously busted shoulder at the moment, I can't do any of the exercise that includes load bearing on the shoulders.. GAH!

I am looking forward to getting started on it.. want to do the 30DS and then kick up to Insanity after that.

I really like the look of both.. they seem to be completely different and yet I want to get into both of them!
  • amaryng
    amaryng Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I stated Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred , level #1. I like it! but I feel that I need more of a workout. I need to sweat to fill that I'm getting a good workout. I really do think it's challegningin with Jumping Jacks & Jumpirn Rope, but I don't want to complain because this is the cardio part of workout.

I have also bought Biggest Loser with Bob, Jillian and the (blonde girl) I can't remember her name on the top of my head.

I will try my best to stick to it! I do fell like the other girl who wrote on the wall before that I need to level #1 & #2 because it's longer workout...basically what I want to know is 20 minutes enough for a good workout.

Thanks!
    Mary
  • cafwinjacks
    cafwinjacks Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm about 3 weeks in although recently been doing a mixture of 6 week 6 pack. I can't say I've lost weight however I am noticing I have a more defined look about me.
    I still drip with sweat.
    Good luck
  • dvelasco69
    Options
    Absolutely LOVE Jillians 30 day shred. I lost 10 lbs a couple of years ago just doing it 3-4 times per week. It is only 20 minutes and goes really fast. You just have to stay motivated to continue. It's a hard 20 minutes. I would also run on some of my off days. Unfortunately I have gained back those 10 lbs due to life stress. Back on several of Jillians dvds.