Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Getting rid of belly fat

So I've lost 11 lbs, bringing me down to 131 (I'm 5'4). Despite losing the weight in my face, arms, legs etc., I haven't really lost any weight in my stomach, especially my lower stomach under my belly button. I've been eating healthy and having between 1,000-1,200 calories and running at least 40 mins a day HIIT and lifting and doing ab workouts. I'm not sure why I can't get rid of this leftover belly bulge. I can't really seem to get any lower than 131 lbs either and have been stuck there for a few weeks. Any advice?

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    No...other than keep going and blame your parents.

We can't dictate where we lose fat from - only our genetics makes that decision for us.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    edited June 2015
  • s2mikey
    s2mikey Posts: 146 Member
    Its extremely hard to get a six pack or even a 3-4 pack in that area of your body. It requires very strict dedication in the kitchen AND the gym. You must have very low bodyfat % too. Everyone has "abs" but you cant see them on most of us. Stupid body, lol.

Calorie deficits are of course required but thats just the start.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,059 Member
    So I've lost 11 lbs, bringing me down to 131 (I'm 5'4). Despite losing the weight in my face, arms, legs etc., I haven't really lost any weight in my stomach, especially my lower stomach under my belly button. I've been eating healthy and having between 1,000-1,200 calories and running at least 40 mins a day HIIT and lifting and doing ab workouts. I'm not sure why I can't get rid of this leftover belly bulge. I can't really seem to get any lower than 131 lbs either and have been stuck there for a few weeks. Any advice?

You most likely aren't in a deficit if you aren't losing after a few weeks. Weight loss isn't linear, but if there is a stall for an extended period of time, overestimating calorie burns, or underestimating intake is generally the culprit. Do you use a food scale? 1,000 calories is not advisable, and at your height/weight (I'm 5'4 as well), you can eat more than that most likely and still lose. I'm at 1500 myself. I would recommend setting your loss to .5lb-1lb a week.

Additionally, you can't target weight loss in a certain area, so overall fat reduction is necessary.
  • RedVonMunster
    RedVonMunster Posts: 18 Member
    You can't spot reduce. Mid sections are typically the largest fat hold on the body and that means it is going to take longer to get smaller.
  • missiontofitness
    You can't spot reduce. Mid sections are typically the largest fat hold on the body and that means it is going to take longer to get smaller.

This. Also, I lost a lot of my fat in my midsection, but not in other areas I would have liked my body to drop off weight from. It's really the luck of the draw where it decides to come off!
  • missiontofitness
    edited June 2015
    Double post.