Goal weight reached, but belly still same size?!

Options
13»

Replies

• leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what's going on here and I didn't want to rush into a walk in clinic. I don't trust doctors very much, so I want your opinions and experiences with getting rid of this!

Why don't "trust" doctors? They are literally trained to help you find out what is wrong. Years of medical school plus tools like allergy panels and blood tests.
  • Sammbep
    Sammbep Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    It could be milk, you said you almost every day drink a cup of milk. The same happens to me when I drink milk. Try to avoid milk and derivatives for a couple of days.
  • Shanairah1991
    Shanairah1991 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    leggup wrote: »
    I have no idea what's going on here and I didn't want to rush into a walk in clinic. I don't trust doctors very much, so I want your opinions and experiences with getting rid of this!

Why don't "trust" doctors? They are literally trained to help you find out what is wrong. Years of medical school plus tools like allergy panels and blood tests.
    I told a doctor once what I was allergic too and he gave me a medicine with it in it which gave me a bad reaction, then when I went back he prescribed something else for my reaction. I feel like most doctors are out to push medications to get their paycheck, at least the ones I've met. Then I'm afraid they won't believe me because I'm so young.
    (23 to be exact.)
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    My friend had this problem and was diagnosed with celiac disease. Seriously, at some points she would look like she was 6 months pregnant from the bloat. I would recommend you see a doctor.
  • kspoon5
    kspoon5 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Didn't read everyone' comments but what about an intolerance to gluten. My mom change her diet to gluten and preservative free and lost 25 lbs and belly is gone.
  • mariamathsgeek
    mariamathsgeek Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Like others have said....it looks like an intolerance to something. Personally I bloat like this (pregnant looking firm belly as opposed to squishy fat belly) when I've had too much wheat. I also get tummy pains and an itchy *kitten* (sorry for TMI!!!!). Never been tested but I have recently cut out wheat (and most other grains other than brown rice) and the bloating/pain/itch has gone and the lbs are starting to come off. I read 'Wheat Belly' recently and that really confirmed that I'm doing the right thing. Good Luck!
  • kangaroux92
    kangaroux92 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    it has to be dietary I would do this diet where basically you cut out all things that commonly give people dietary problems for 2-3 weeks and then add them back one by one then see how your body reacts. cut out all , gluten, soy, dairy ,eggs, meat and artificial things and low sodium, pretty much eat vegan organic and then add back the categories one by one. it will show what your body is really intolerant to.
  • Toadstool_
    Toadstool_ Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Mine does the same, would love to know what causes it!!
  • Xandersmommy
    Xandersmommy Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    The Dr. I work with is Gluten intolerant and told us that if she accidentally gets ahold of some her belly will bloat and she will have seriouse bowl issues. I would see a Dr. sounds like you have a substantial allergy to something. I would not prolong going either, because if it came on that quickly, you could have something more serious happening with your body.
  • deannaaaaaaaaa
    deannaaaaaaaaa Posts: 238 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Try to go gluten free? That looks like my whole celiac-filled family when we eat gluten ;p
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!